WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    OT: "Your one experience" Now, you can't even look at it.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT: "Your one experience" Now, you can't even look at it.
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
One (thankfully) distant memory of chasing Heinikens w/Jaegermeister shots during a particularly bad moment in personal history. Haven't touched either since 1989.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear. "
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 10, 1787

Posts: 3848 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: Nov 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one's always fun to bump once in a while.

Any newbies wish to share their "face in the gutter" stories???

Posts: 7448 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aftershock. A fraternity brother gave me a bottle for my 20th and i thought it would be a great idea to finish it. He came back to check on me at around midnight and caught me with a coat hanger trying to chip away at the sugar crystals in the bottom. I can still feel the pain. My girlfriend came over later and thought she should take me to the hospital after my puke looked like blood from the dark red of the Aftershock. I can't even look at a bottle today.

Posts: 2259 | Location: Napa | Registered: Oct 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was 14,my parents were gone for the weekend,I found a bottle of apricot brandy ....... the rest is ugly very very ugly.

Posts: 72 | Location: Kelowna B.C. | Registered: Mar 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouzo. Got drunker than a skunk on it when I was 19 and in Greece. Have never been able to touch it since. I even have trouble eating licorice now because of it.

When in doubt, open another bottle.

Posts: 2618 | Location: Silver Spring MD (Near DC) | Registered: Nov 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it was California Coolers (Red) and Cool Ranch Doritos. Thank God the California Coolers are no longer made.

Posts: 227 | Location: Great Barrington | Registered: Jul 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This one's always fun to bump once in a while.
It is -- I always shudder at least once reading these! cool ranch Doritos? ewww.

Posts: 400 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: Jul 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a dark and stormy night for a birthday party. The theme was Birthdays For People Born In February and held at a dive bar in lower Nob Hill near the Bohemian Club. I was rotating on an empty stomach between bad gin and tonics and bad gin gimlets. As I stumbled out of the bar with the rain pouring and my umbrella held high, I was approached by a "working" girl, quite attractive if I remember, who asked me if I wanted a date. I said "excuse me" and promptly retched into the gutter, which due to the amount of rain, shot down the street between curb and street in a fast moving stream for all the other girls to see. I remember hearing a "ew" and a hasty retreat of footsteps doing a Busby Berkeley chorus line away from the curb.

I still drink gin. Just not bad gin.

"When I drink, I think; and when I think, I drink." Francois Rabelais

Posts: 3542 | Location: Oakland, CA | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My evil drink has evolved.

First I couldn't stand Vodka for the longest time (too many Lemon Drop shots)...

...then it was Tequila.

...then it was Maker's Mark. I downed a half handle (with other things) and was dry heaving for 4 days straight. So now I've sworn off bourbons and whiskeys for now.

...now I rather enjoy a good Ketel One on the rocks with a twist.

Posts: 471 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was jagermister for me! (Heard many of you saying that). I was at a Huey Lewis and the new concert. I think Huey was getting a kick out of me; until I had a few more.

A couple of friends saved me that night, or I am sure I would have ended up in jail! whoa! Cannot even look at a bottle without kringing!

Posts: 125 | Location: Monterey Bay Area, Ca | Registered: Feb 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Screwdrivers and Southern Comfort are both off my list, since each have cost me not only my stomach contents, but friendships!
Frown

Posts: 2502 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Mar 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jamesons Irish Whiskey. I had a huge fight with a girlfriend and stopped off at the store on the way home and picked up a liter. Upon arriving home I sat down in the living room and opened the bottle up. My 2 roommates were curious why I had whiskey and I told them we were going to get drunk. We proceeded to finish of the liter doing shots in under 15 minutes. They called my other roommate who was on her way home and told her to pick up a couple more bottles. She arrived about ten minutes later and we resumed doing shots. I woke up at about 2 in the morning on the bathroom floor covered in vomit unsure how I got there. I decided to take a shower to clean up before going to bed, and I could not figure out why the tub would not drain. Upon waking up the next morning I discovered I had vomited a couple slices of Dominos up into the tub in my drunken state. If I even smell Jamesons now the gag relflex kicks in and I start to sweat.

"Of course they were nazis, they were threatening castration"

Posts: 78 | Location: Hell | Registered: Jul 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pSyCo:

That's classic dude.

I've woken up around a cold toilet many times. The cold tile floor of a bathroom does wonders for a hangover.

Posts: 471 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 10 yr hiatus from Vodka after my most wicked night ever...Only recently have I been able to use it in mixers ect. I dont remember what kind it was but Im sure it wasnt Grey Goose type stuff. Some of the new stuff is so smooth now you wouldnt hardly know it's Vodka.

The 2nd which I see cant imagine any reason to drink again anyway is Everclear. I did a few shots of that for some reason one night Confused We used to mix it in with Hairy Buffalo parties, but straight...no way!

Posts: 998 | Location: Cleveland, Oh | Registered: Aug 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. Almost a year.

Time to bump these tales of horror.

Big Grin

Posts: 7448 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still can't drink vodka and this happened ten years ago....easily the most embarassing moment of my life:

I was a sophmore in college and had hooked up with this drop dead gorgeous chick (she literally modeled in Seventeen Magazine). Anyway, after my fraternity party, we went to another guys party to keep it going. On the way, we picked up a liter of Smirnoff Black (100 proof). Over the next hour, we killed the bottle....with me doing the damage on 3/4. Well, in mid conversation....I spewed, straight on her.

Needless to say, I didn't get lucky that night nor did I go out with her again....

Posts: 142 | Location: Mobile, AL | Registered: Jun 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed this the first time. We were away when this was posted.

I was 18 years old and had never been drunk. We were at a French resort on Bastille Day eve and I was trying to impress this young French woman, this beautiful young French woman. I asked her what she was drinking and she told me Screwdrivers. I'd never had Vodka before and the orange juice masked it pretty well. Sometime during the evening, I wandered back to my room, alone I think, and woke up with my head swimming and barfed on the floor. To this day, I don't drink Vodka.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36931 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pour Que , LOL! Big Grin!
I loved the story, made me chuckle
Smile

Posts: 3576 | Location: Florida | Registered: Jun 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Southern Comfort. I was 18 at the beach, drank a whole bottle of 100 proof. Was sick for 3 days. That was 19 years ago, I still cannot even smell SoCo without getting clammy.

Posts: 117 | Location: Easley, SC | Registered: May 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was like this with Scotch for a few months. But a good Scotch is just so damn good -- I had to go back.

I know lots of people (girls, primarily) who have sworn of tequila for this reason.

a

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7645 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was 17.

Cheap bottle of tequilla.

I had a lot of tequilla and swallowed the worm.

My first and only blackout.

I still do not like the smell of cheap tequilla.

Posts: 8748 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always worth a bump and a laugh this time of year.

Ok. Newer members and other shy ones. Let's hear some more porcelain stories. Confession is the path to salvation Smile

posted Hide Post
Jack Daniels hands down for me. 16 years old...snuck into a bar with older firends. Proceeded to drink Jack & Coke like water, puked into a planter and continued to puke all night. Cannot even bring myself to smell it.

Posts: 306 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the University of Wisconsin...nuff said. Let's just say I don't drink rum for purely religious, political and ethical reasons....yeah right.

Posts: 2207 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3/4 bottle of Cuervo when I was 15...I didnt have another sip of tequila until I was 22 and even now I dont particularly like it.

Posts: 1257 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: Oct 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post