WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Griotte Chambertin Information & Pricing Thoughts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Griotte Chambertin Information & Pricing Thoughts?
 Login/Join 
posted
I have had a couple Fourriers over the past few years that have literally floored me (2000, 2003). Having seen the meteoric rise of other miniscule parcels in Burgundy, is Griotte next?

I'd like to start doing some heavy research on this Grand Cru, and aside from Cellartracker, can anyone recommend additional resources?

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man"

Posts: 58 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gigmoney:
I have had a couple Fourriers over the past few years that have literally floored me (2000, 2003). Having seen the meteoric rise of other miniscule parcels in Burgundy, is Griotte next?

I'd like to start doing some heavy research on this Grand Cru, and aside from Cellartracker, can anyone recommend additional resources?

Do you have Remington Norman's book, "Grand Cru"? It sounds like you are a person that needs this in his library. His book, "The Great Domaines of Burgundy", is an excellent companion, as well. The section specifically pertaining to Griotte Chambertin in "Grand Cru", is only a page or so, but I'm not sure what more info you could want, other than simply buying and tasting the precious few bottles that come from this site each vintage.

If you buy them, I will gladly help you taste them! Razz

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3117 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, and wine-searcher.com will give you an idea of current pricing.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3117 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post