WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What are you standing?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you standing?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair

G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin

Posts: 1047 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus

I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown

Posts: 1295 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown

Eek Eek Eek My condolences...

Posts: 150 | Location: Vancouver | Registered: Apr 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, sorry to hear that. Frown

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6095 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I bet the garage smells fantastic!

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5701 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:

True true. Don't judge, but I did take couple of sips of masseto/angelus from the floor.

Posts: 1295 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus

Grab a straw!

So sorry to hear of this, G. Frown

Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus

OMG, how does a marriage survive this? Wink

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1571 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
quote:
quote:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus

50/50 at best with lots of professional counseling. Wink

Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus

Counseling smouneling, body shots which can be covered easily does the trick Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus

Counseling smouneling, body shots which can be covered easily does the trick Razz

For that price....they had better come with a 'happy ending' Cool

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2740 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus

Sorry to hear that G.

Posts: 1047 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus

Holy smoke! ONE of those would be a tragedy; I'm not even sure what the correct word is for two.

In sympathy for your plight, I will not eat any eggs for at least the next week.

Cheers!

Posts: 8391 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus

For that price....they had better come with a 'happy ending' Cool

Condolences and I hope there is a happy ending. Can't blame you for the couple of sips from the floor.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, Gk - Canada Customs confiscated and destroyed $1500 worth of wine when my wife returned to Canada, due to a mistake by the packers! Frown Mad Of course, that was over 3 cases, Popcorn but it did include two bottles of 85 Fonseca amongst other favourites.

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10661 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Lascombes for tomorrow night in Chicago.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:

True true. Don't judge, but I did take couple of sips of masseto/angelus from the floor.

I judge that to be a completely reasonable action.

Sorry for your loss.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3087 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did that from the basement floor with a 1966 Mouton. On two different occasions! Frown

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
I did that from the basement floor with a 1966 Mouton. On two different occasions! Frown

U didnt learn your lesson the 1st time? Big Grin....I joke....I have not had the pleasure to have this wine.....I would have licked the floor dry!

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2740 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a couple of years apart. I had bought 2 bottles of the 1966 Mouton in 1978 or 1979. A bottle slid out of a bin and broke. I slurped a taste off the basement floor. A year, two years, whatever later, a bottle of wine slipped out of a top bin and as it fell, I stuck my foot out and broke its fall. It didn't break, and I was feeling proud of myself until I smelled wine and saw a puddle forming. I had prevented the falling bottle from breaking with my foot, but I had deflected onto the next of a bottle in the bottom row. I looked to see which bottle, and to my horror, it was my other bottle of 1966 Mouton.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Ridge Ponzo Vineyard Zinfandel.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
2010 Ridge Ponzo Vineyard Zinfandel.

I'm not sure I would have thought about standing this wine up. Smack

posted Hide Post
1999 Chateau Margaux

posted Hide Post
1990 Leoville Poyferre

Posts: 1637 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Casanova di Neri Cerretalto

Posts: 15478 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post