WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What are you standing?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you standing?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wife's big b-day tomorrow, 70 Haut Brion, 94 Conseillante, 96 Grange.

Good thing I read this post, almost forgot to stand my wines up!

Posts: 931 | Location: SW CT | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Taittinger Comtes de Champagne & 2001 Ornellaia. 15th wedding anniversary tomorrow.

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 744 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Do you think it is the food?

Absolutely! Or, my underwear were too tight Big Grin

I knew it had nothing to do with all of the '59 Bordeaux and such we consumed. Wink

No '59 Bdx last night but Kiki's was superb as usual. The '87 Dominus was still very young in my opinion. With air in the glass it opened up but I wish I could have decanted for 5-6 hours.

Posts: 2212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1996 Fattoria dei Barbi BdM Vigna Del Fiore

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1971 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 Pine Ridge Fortis.

Posts: 9485 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1992 Dominus
1999 Dominus

I may actually drink them too. Details to follow.

PH

Posts: 15325 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
1992 Dominus

Best Dominus I've ever had!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37023 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
1992 Dominus

Best Dominus I've ever had!

Agreed. If this one shows as well as the last I'll be pleased, to say the least.

PH

Posts: 15325 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Mongeard-Mugneret Vosne Romanee Les Orveaux 1er.

Posts: 131 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Dec 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swade:
2001 Mongeard-Mugneret Vosne Romanee Les Orveaux 1er.

I've had this from several vintages and enjoyed them very much, though I haven't had the 2001. Mongeard-Mugneret is a favorite of mine. We visited there 2 years ago, and their entire is very good to outstanding.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37023 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to trying it. I actually just back filled some of this for the 2005 vintage for down the road. I haven't seen any notes on the 2001 on CT for a while, so I'll try to post a detailed note.

I've been buying their Grands Echezeaux too. One of the better "bargains" from that cru.

Posts: 131 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Dec 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their 2007 Echezeaux and Grands Echezeaux are outstanding! Id bet the 2005s are also. I'll be interested to read your opinion of the 2001.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Id bet the 2005s are also. I'll be interested to read your opinion of the 2001.

+1

Posts: 30284 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Pierre Usseglio Cuvée de Mon Aieul CdP.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
2001 Pierre Usseglio Cuvée de Mon Aieul CdP.

Another winner! You guys are buying some good stuff.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
'82 Pichon Lalande

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5823 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'89 Pichon Lalande
'00 Taittinger Brut BdB Comtes de Champagne (though not sure if this actually needs to stand)

Posts: 2914 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000,2001,2002,2004 Cos D'Estournel; 1990 Guiraud

But not for long! Smile

Posts: 1956 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1990 Pichon Lalande
1975 Brown Bagger Razz

Posts: 1725 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
2000,2001,2002,2004 Cos D'Estournel; 1990 Guiraud

But not for long! Smile

I thought I was standing the '01 Big Grin

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
2000,oops,2002,2004 Cos D'Estournel; 1990 Guiraud

But not for long! Smile

I thought I was standing the '01 Big Grin

Doh! Bang Yes, you're right. I went to check that I had all standing after I posted that and thought I was missing one, then remembered you are standing the 01, forgot to change the post.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1995 Cos D'Estournel for tonight

A full keg of Ellicottville Brewing's Pantius Droppus for the Bills week-end

'02 Bollinger in case of good news on Monday.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2464 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1982 Cos D'Estournel

The Dude abides.

Posts: 3083 | Location: San Francisco and Taipei | Registered: Jun 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:

Do you frequent Ellicottville? I spent a weekend there (one of the ski hills was trying to recruit me for instructing). Since getting more into wine than skiing another trip (and bringing some wine back) has appeal. A side trip to Century in Rochester and a visit with Sherwood Deutsch also appeals.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:

Do you frequent Ellicottville? I spent a weekend there (one of the ski hills was trying to recruit me for instructing). Since getting more into wine than skiing another trip (and bringing some wine back) has appeal. A side trip to Century in Rochester and a visit with Sherwood Deutsch also appeals.

We'll talk tonight but short answer, before the baby yes, now no. Smile

I was an agent for Hollimont (the private hill) for a number of years and skied there from the early 90's on instead of up north. MUCH better IMHO.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2464 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post