WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What are you standing?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are you standing?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
KSC02, don't worry. I have my shorts and t-shirt picked out. I even bought a new pair of Reef sandals for the occasion. After all, you only turn 35 once. Cool

Posts: 4633 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
KSC02, don't worry. I have my shorts and t-shirt picked out. I even bought a new pair of Reef sandals for the occasion. After all, you only turn 35 once. Cool

are you wearing socks at least with them flip flops?

cuz you know, you turn 35 only once.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12424 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No self respecting Floridian would ever wear socks with Reefs. Theses aren't Birckenstocks!!!

Posts: 4633 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Instant divorce I've been told for: Bermuda shorts with socks and black dress shoes, comb-over, or short cut-off jeans and tide-dye T-shirt. You don't even want to go to the thong thing Horse

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5850 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
jb, IU hope you'll post notes on the 1978 Volcanic Hill. I have several 1978 DCs in my cellar, including two of the Volcanic Hill.

Will do.

posted Hide Post
1959 Calon Segur - finally took delivery. This will be my special holiday bottle. I hope it shows well.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Brights Grove Ontario | Registered: Jun 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theweb:
1959 Calon Segur - finally took delivery. This will be my special holiday bottle. I hope it shows well.

Cool Here's to it showing very well

Posts: 15661 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1970 Warre's port.

Pretty tasty, and plenty of life left in this one.

Posts: 290 | Location: just south of Napa Valley | Registered: Jul 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1985 Château Ducru-Beaucaillou

Posts: 2942 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got about 15 bottles standing up, but one I'm going to open soon will be the 2004 Lascombes, based on the positive experience with the 2004 Smith Haut Lafitte.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37056 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1966 Lynch Bages for my birthday June 28 and 1990 Paolo Scavino Cannubi Barolo for my wife and I's 22nd wedding anniversary on June 22.

Posts: 954 | Location: Olive Branch, Mississippi | Registered: Nov 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'88 Salon for tomorrow
'83 Sassicaia for Tuesday

Gkapoor and Longboarder in town this week on business. Cool
The least one can do is show a bit of Canadian hospitality Smile

Posts: 15661 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gkapoor and Longboarder in town this week on business.
The least one can do is show a bit of Canadian hospitality

Please pass on my best wishes to both.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5850 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Instant divorce I've been told for: Bermuda shorts with socks and black dress shoes, comb-over, or short cut-off jeans and tide-dye T-shirt. You don't even want to go to the thong thing Horse

Dear lord - you brought back nightmares from my early teenage days as this describes one of my uncles to a tee! Eek

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1972 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1961 Palmer & 1949 Calon Segur.

Posts: 30348 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1955 Chateau Montrose
1977 Conti Costanti Riserva Brunello di Montalcino
1975 Castelgiocondo Brunello di Montalcino

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Longboarder,

Posts: 2212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Okay, thanks to my friends currently drinking in the great city of Montreal, ( and their text photos) we are adding the '55 Montrose to our off-line tomorrow night.

Posts: 30348 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Okay, thanks to my friends currently drinking in the great city of Montreal, ( and their text photos) we are adding the '55 Montrose to our off-line tomorrow night.

Good for you and if your bottle is half as good as the one we enjoyed you are in for a treat.

Posts: 2212 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1986 Vieux Telegraphe CdP

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8894 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
1986 Vieux Telegraphe CdP

I've enjoyed a number of '86 Beaucastels over the past year or two and I hope your VT shows as well as they did. Post notes!

Posts: 2942 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1996 Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill
2001 Château Guiraud
2003 Torbreck The Factor
2006 Two Hands 'Coach House Block' Single Vineyard Roennfeldt Road

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2492 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
1996 Pol Roger Sir Winston Churchill
2001 Château Guiraud
2003 Torbreck The Factor
2006 Two Hands 'Coach House Block' Single Vineyard Roennfeldt Road

Do any of these have enough sediment to stand? Just curious. Smile

-IB

Posts: 8894 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
2001 Château Guiraud
2003 Torbreck The Factor

Do any of these have enough sediment to stand? Just curious. Smile

I would stand the two above, without looking at the specific bottles.

You just don't know, so I lean to the safe. I've had wines with loads of sediment and just a few years old.

On the opposite side of the coin, when LB opened his '55 Montrose the other night there was absolutely no evidence of sediment whatsoever.

So go figure......

posted Hide Post
The two shiraz will probably have some sediment. The Pol Roger is already standing up and I would be surprised if the sauternes had anything in it.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2492 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
So go figure......

It is kind of a crapshoot I suppose. I've had young tempranillo that threw tons of sediment, and yes, older wines with little to none.

tlily, Randy (or other winemakers), any rhyme or reason as to which wines are likelier to form precipitates in-bottle?

-IB