WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2013: What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
January 2013: What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Casa Lapostolle cuvee Alexandre Syrah Las Kuras vineyard 2008. Decided to post because of the price: $14.99; not bad.


"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury
 
Posts: 1623 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
- 2002 Bollinger Champagne Grande Annee
- 2003 Dr Thanisch Riesling Bernkasteler Doctor Auslese (375 ml)
- 2009 Dom Baumard Savennieres Clos du Papillon
- 2008 Dom William Fevre Chablis GC Bougros Cote Bouguerots
- 2009 Delas Freres Cote Rotie Seigneur de Maugiron


___________________________

Cheers!
 
Posts: 8516 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
2010 Duemani Cifra IGT


POINT WHORE!! Big Grin


Whose points? Had never heard of this wine so did a Google search and couldn't find any reviews.


Google must have been broken Bruce. Razz WA 93 and IWC 92.

Mimik, no idea as I have not tried nor had I heard of this wine until the other day when I saw it on the SAQ website.
 
Posts: 10154 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
3 x 2011 Chapoutier Le Meal Blanc
 
Posts: 1630 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
2010 Duemani Cifra IGT


POINT WHORE!! Big Grin


Whose points? Had never heard of this wine so did a Google search and couldn't find any reviews.


Google must have been broken Bruce. Razz WA 93 and IWC 92.

Mimik, no idea as I have not tried nor had I heard of this wine until the other day when I saw it on the SAQ website.


Not to mention 91.8 on cellar tracker Winner

What intrigued me was that is is a cab franc that allegedly has no bell pepper notes. Organically made, worth a try for 25.75$. For some reason dorval has a boatload of them. Will try one this weekend and report back!


***********************
"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com
 
Posts: 6613 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
6 x 2007 Stefania Eagle Point Ranch Syrah
6 x 2010 Stefania Crimson Clover
 
Posts: 2558 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
6 x 2007 Stefania Eagle Point Ranch Syrah
6 x 2010 Stefania Crimson Clover


Where did you get these? I thought the mailing list offers come out in the spring?? Confused


"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury
 
Posts: 1623 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:


I miss RoboPorker.
 
Posts: 2845 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:

What intrigued me was that is is a cab franc that allegedly has no bell pepper notes. Organically made, worth a try for 25.75$. For some reason dorval has a boatload of them. Will try one this weekend and report back!


I am curious too. Just asked my SAQ to transfert some from Dorval for me Smile

dzitt


__________________________
www.dansmonverre.ca
 
Posts: 893 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:

What intrigued me was that is is a cab franc that allegedly has no bell pepper notes. Organically made, worth a try for 25.75$. For some reason dorval has a boatload of them. Will try one this weekend and report back!


I am curious too. Just asked my SAQ to transfert some from Dorval for me Smile

dzitt


As am I. I have family on the West Island and we are planning a visit.
 
Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:


I miss RoboPorker.


Lol. Due to alleged trademark infringements, Robo Porker is temporarily on hiatus until the lawyers can work things out.

Dzitt, I am sick with a cold so let us know your TN if you try a bottle.


***********************
"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com
 
Posts: 6613 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:


I miss RoboPorker.


Lol. Due to alleged trademark infringements, Robo Porker is temporarily on hiatus until the lawyers can work things out.

Dzitt, I am sick with a cold so let us know your TN if you try a bottle.


If you escape with only a cold consider yourself fortunate. I started with the flu 2 weeks ago and it morphed into a cold which I still have.

I am now also curious about this wine and I see what you mean about Dorval having a boatload of it. But it doesn't change the fact you are a point whore! Razz
 
Posts: 10154 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:

Dzitt, I am sick with a cold so let us know your TN if you try a bottle.


Depends if I can go there soon. Otherwise, I'll have my bottles in february (hear that a 10% on 100$ is coming...) Banana

dzitt


__________________________
www.dansmonverre.ca
 
Posts: 893 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
One case of Penfolds Riesling Bin 51 2012 from the Adelaide Hills of Australia
 
Posts: 135 | Location: NYC | Registered: Mar 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2007 Heitz Martha's Vineyard Cabernet.
 
Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
2007 Heitz Martha's Vineyard Cabernet.


Very nice!
 
Posts: 1586 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
6 x 2007 Stefania Eagle Point Ranch Syrah
6 x 2010 Stefania Crimson Clover


Where did you get these? I thought the mailing list offers come out in the spring?? Confused


These are from their futures offer which precedes the spring offer.
 
Posts: 2558 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
6 x 2007 Stefania Eagle Point Ranch Syrah
6 x 2010 Stefania Crimson Clover


Where did you get these? I thought the mailing list offers come out in the spring?? Confused


These are from their futures offer which precedes the spring offer.


Thx; haven't made it to the "club" that gets the futures offers --- yet.


"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury
 
Posts: 1623 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2006 Montes, Syrah, Folly
 
Posts: 10154 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:


I miss RoboPorker.


Lol. Due to alleged trademark infringements, Robo Porker is temporarily on hiatus until the lawyers can work things out.



Razz
 
Posts: 167 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: Jan 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Stefania futures... Cool
9 x 2010 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Cruz Mountains
8 x 2011 Stefania Syrah Coastview Vineyard Monterey County
8 x 2007 Stefania Syrah, Eaglepoint Ranch, Mendocino County
11 x 2010 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon, Crimson Clover Vineyard Santa Clara Valley
 
Posts: 487 | Location: Morgan Hill, CA | Registered: Jun 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Very cheeky member with 43 posts!! Wink

2006 Joao Sims Priorat Les Eres Old Vines(15% off)


***********************
"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com
 
Posts: 6613 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Mmm here's a decision,

a case of d'yquem or a new a/v receiver ...
ARGH!#@$!@


This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)
 
Posts: 12229 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
Mmm here's a decision,

a case of d'yquem or a new a/v receiver ...
ARGH!#@$!@


What vintage and format? Go for the Yquem. You can always buy a better receiver for the same price in 6 months.


***********************
"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com
 
Posts: 6613 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
Mmm here's a decision,

a case of d'yquem or a new a/v receiver ...
ARGH!#@$!@


What vintage and format? Go for the Yquem. You can always buy a better receiver for the same price in 6 months.


heh 750s en primeur


This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)
 
Posts: 12229 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 
 

WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2013: What are you buying?

© Wine Spectator 2013