WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2013: What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013: What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
1985 Charles Heidsieck L'Oenotheque Champagne Charlie
2000 Leoville-Poyferre
2004 Uccelliera Brunello di Montalcino
2009 Gerard Raphet Clos de la Roche Cuvee Unique Vieilles Vignes
2010 Gerard Raphet Charmes Chambertin Cuvee Unique
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal
2009 Fontodi Flaccianello

Nice acquisition! Yummy.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3135 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 clos st. Jean cdp

Posts: 1585 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pierre peters nv brut
Bollinger special cuvée nv

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vino's daddy,

Posts: 80 | Location: Detroit, mi | Registered: Sep 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Dunham Cellars Trutina red blend.
NV Laurent-Perrier Brut Champagne - marked down to $23 as it was the LWS's last bottle with the old label.

Posts: 5494 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Egon Mueller Scharzhofberger Riesling Spaetlese

Posts: 808 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Clos Du Mont Olivet Cuvee Papet.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- '04 Il Poggione Brunello di Montalcino Riserva

- '06 Il Poggione Brunello di Montalcino Riserva (tasted this last week, and it was incredible.)

- '09 Anderson's Conn Valley Cab Sauv. Estate Reserve (scooped a few of these up at Total Wine in Tempe, AZ for $54. It might have been incorrectly priced.)

- '07 Château Doisy-Védrines

- '07 Chateau Guiraud (Killer stuff and great QPR. I'm really digging these '07 Sauternes.)

Posts: 1589 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Leoville Barton
2010 Chapoutier St Joseph Les Granites Blanc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VinCentric,

Posts: 1926 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:

- '09 Anderson's Conn Valley Cab Sauv. Estate Reserve (scooped a few of these up at Total Wine in Tempe, AZ for $54. It might have been incorrectly priced.)

- '07 Chateau Guiraud (Killer stuff and great QPR. I'm really digging these '07 Sauternes.)

Have you popped any of the 07 Sauternes? I only have Mryat for 07 but a few other vintages of Guiraud. The 2001 and 1990 Guiraud were both stunning last year.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our group has gone through a lot of '07 Sauternes. While all have been immensely enjoyable, today I would rank them as follows:

2007 Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey
2007 Château Clos Haut-Peyraguey
2007 Château de Myrat
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne
2007 Château Guiraud
2007 Château d'Arche
2007 Château Filhot

Ranging from about 91 - 95 Points.

http://thewinenerds.ca/

Posts: 733 | Location: Toronto, Ontario (Etobicoke) | Registered: Oct 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Canuck:
Our group has gone through a lot of '07 Sauternes. While all have been immensely enjoyable, today I would rank them as follows:

2007 Château de Myrat
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne
2007 Château Guiraud
2007 Château d'Arche
2007 Château Filhot

Thanks - GREAT list! What was it about the Peyraguey's that made them top the list at this point?

I opened a 1975 Filhot before Christmas, and it exceeded expectations - not a Chateau that gets a lot of attention but very, very tasty.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
2010 Clos Du Mont Olivet Cuvee Papet.

Nice pick up!

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6613 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1998 Charles Ellner Brut Prestige Champagne(probably the first Champagne I ever bought to put into the cellar)
2010 Chateau Senechaux CDP
1975 Moulin Touchais Coteaux-du-Layon
2010 Duemani Cifra IGT

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

Posts: 6613 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My top 5 of those was CHP, LP, DD, Myrat, Guiraud.

The CHP and LP are top of the heap due to sheer complexity and better acid profile. The CHP is a little lighter nature, and has the highest perceived acid on the list, a combination which gives a real sense of freshness on the nose and palate. I found the LP to be much darker, leaning towards a dried fruit, caramel and burnt sugar profile. Both are lovely, but somewhat contrasting styles.

Posts: 1301 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:

Have you popped any of the 07 Sauternes? I only have Mryat for 07 but a few other vintages of Guiraud. The 2001 and 1990 Guiraud were both stunning last year.

I have opened a few, including the Guiraud, Doisy-Védrines, Suduiraut, & Rieussec. They were all nice and surprisingly accessible, but the Guiraud was the standout for me. At $24.99 for a split, it's easily one of the best QPR whites on the market, IMO.

Posts: 1589 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 x 2011 Chapoutier Ermitage Blanc de l'Oree
3 x 2011 Chapoutier Ermitage Blanc le Meal

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2412 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
2010 Duemani Cifra IGT

POINT WHORE!! Big Grin

Posts: 10154 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 x 2004 Chapoutier Ermitage de l'Oree Blanc

Posts: 1630 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AML:
My top 5 of those was CHP, LP, DD, Myrat, Guiraud.

The CHP and LP are top of the heap due to sheer complexity and better acid profile. The CHP is a little lighter nature, and has the highest perceived acid on the list, a combination which gives a real sense of freshness on the nose and palate. I found the LP to be much darker, leaning towards a dried fruit, caramel and burnt sugar profile. Both are lovely, but somewhat contrasting styles.

Thanks for the comments AML and Wine Canuck. AMLs comment is consistent with what I experienced tasting the Sauternes (except LP and CLP) at the 07 UGC. That is they fell into two categories: first were ones with big botrytis spice, clove (e.g. Doisy Daene, Coutet, Guiraud, de Fargues) and second - tropical fruit prominent, stone fruit, honey.. (e.g. Bastor Lamontagne, Tour Blanche)

It turns out I have some 2007 Coutet and Doisey Daene as well as the Mryat, but your comments lead me to think I might add some Guiraud and CHP.

posted Hide Post
2011 Chapoutier Ermitage Blanc de l'Oree (thanks CSM)
2010 Dom. Galevan CdP

Posts: 1585 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Canuck:

2007 Château de Myrat
2007 Château Doisy-Daëne
2007 Château Guiraud
2007 Château d'Arche
2007 Château Filhot

Thanks - GREAT list! What was it about the Peyraguey's that made them top the list at this point?

I opened a 1975 Filhot before Christmas, and it exceeded expectations - not a Chateau that gets a lot of attention but very, very tasty.

EDIT: Didn't see the replies above before I responded but comments are consistent.

For me the Lafaurie-Peyraguey is superior for more complexity via creme brulee, vanilla, honey, and botrytis. Whereas some have preferred the Clos Haut-Peyraguey which was more about the upfront tropical fruit (mango, pineapple). The remainder were all very enjoyable but didn't bring the complexity and expressiveness of the top two.

Posts: 733 | Location: Toronto, Ontario (Etobicoke) | Registered: Oct 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duplicate Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
2010 Duemani Cifra IGT

POINT WHORE!! Big Grin

Whose points? Had never heard of this wine so did a Google search and couldn't find any reviews.

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 x 2009 Domaine du Pégaü Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Réservée (750ml)
1 x 2009 Domaine du Pégaü Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Réservée (1.5L)

Posts: 1618 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
2010 Duemani Cifra IGT

POINT WHORE!! Big Grin

So, is it worth the points, Steve8? LOL