WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2013: What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013: What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted
Found a screaming deal on a cellared 1994 Dominus Mag. I can already best this will be my best deal of 2013.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are moving out of our house in a week and a half and don't have a new one yet... so right now, we are buying NOTHING!

Visit my travel blog: http://www.floridakeysgirl.com

Posts: 1106 | Location: Key West | Registered: Feb 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Raventos i Blanc, Cava, L'Hereu Reserva, Brut
2009 Raventos i Blanc, Cava, De Nit
2004 Col D'Orcia, BdM, Poggio Al Vento, Riserva
2007 Angelini, BdM, Val di Suga
2007 Paolo Conterno, Barolo, Riva Del Bric
2009 Poliziano, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano
2010 Schiopetto, Collio, Friulano

Posts: 10137 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
2009 Raventos i Blanc, Cava, L'Hereu Reserva, Brut
2009 Raventos i Blanc, Cava, De Nit
2004 Col D'Orcia, BdM, Poggio Al Vento, Riserva
2007 Angelini, BdM, Val di Suga
2007 Paolo Conterno, Barolo, Riva Del Bric
2009 Poliziano, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano
2010 Schiopetto, Collio, Friulano

Did I miss a declared sale @ the SAQ? Razz

Posts: 15556 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got passed over on Cayuse allocation, but bought a bunch of 2010 Window Pane (Kobalt Second) yesterday in Napa for $29 per bottle.

Posts: 231 | Registered: Jun 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1985 Charles Heidsieck L'Oenotheque Champagne Charlie
2000 Leoville-Poyferre
2004 Uccelliera Brunello di Montalcino
2009 Gerard Raphet Clos de la Roche Cuvee Unique Vieilles Vignes
2010 Gerard Raphet Charmes Chambertin Cuvee Unique
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal
2009 Fontodi Flaccianello

Posts: 1680 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal

Very nice on the le Meal, and where did you get the '85 Charlie? Still my favorite bottle of champagne.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2381 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just curious, did you pick up this one at the SAQ? I snagged three for myself just before Christmas.

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal

Very nice on the le Meal, and where did you get the '85 Charlie? Still my favorite bottle of champagne.

Never mind, I saw it. That should be in the running for deal of the year.

Posts: 2381 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3x El Nido Clio.

Posts: 9446 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:

Just curious, did you pick up this one at the SAQ? I snagged three for myself just before Christmas.

Bruce, from the agent- Rogers and co.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal

Rob, I thought I had secured more but ended up landing 2. Due to the seriousness of your statement, I think one has your name on it. Wink

And PS, thank all of you (Rob S included) for deeply implanting the champagne bug in Mr. And Mrs. mangiare Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:

Bruce, from the agent- Rogers and co.

May I be so bold as to ask what you paid? I got mine for $82 per, which I thought reasonable.

Posts: 582 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good price Bruce

posted Hide Post
We had a binge buying at the end of the year...

10 El Nido
09 Jaffurs Grenache
09 Ch Montelena Cab Sauv
10 Ch Montelena Chardonnay
11 JJ Prum WS Kabinett
09 Goldeneye Pinot Noir
10 Epoch Veracity pedrewski

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jfont,

Posts: 886 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
2010 Chapoutier Le Meal

Rob, I thought I had secured more but ended up landing 2. Due to the seriousness of your statement, I think one has your name on it. Wink

And PS, thank all of you (Rob S included) for deeply implanting the champagne bug in Mr. And Mrs. mangiare Razz

I'd feel really bad about that. Not bad enough to say no if you insisted, but bad all the same...

Glad you've had you and your wife have had your champagne epiphany. It's a terrible, wonderful thing.

Did you get my email about the hops shoots?

posted Hide Post
'04 Gaston Chique "Special Club"
'04 Henri Goutorbe "Special Club"

and 2009 Varner Pinot Noir Three Blocks- thrilled to find 3 bottles of this at Binny's this afternoon.

Posts: 871 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:
'04 Gaston Chique "Special Club"
'04 Henri Goutorbe "Special Club"

and 2009 Varner Pinot Noir Three Blocks- thrilled to find 3 bottles of this at Binny's this afternoon.

EB, have you had Varner Pinot before? I have not, but thanks to the constant pimping/sharing from thelostverse, I'm a huge fan of their Chardonnay.

Posts: 5475 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:

EB, have you had Varner Pinot before? I have not, but thanks to the constant pimping/sharing from thelostverse, I'm a huge fan of their Chardonnay.

Plenty in the cellar Bill. I've yet to try their Pinot myself though.

Posts: 3595 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still have a couple of 07 Bee Blocks myself! Smile Didn't see any of the more recent releases at WDC though and I've been to both Naperville and Barrington over the holiday break.

Posts: 5475 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill - never tried the pinot. I hear it's an old world style.

Also a big fan of the chardonnays...incredible value.

Posts: 871 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
4 x 2010 Galevan Chateauneuf du Pape

Posts: 2553 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 x 2007 Dr Hermann Erdener Treppchen Riesling Spatlese

Posts: 1909 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got a really good deal on these, especially considering I bought them in Texas, the Champagne rape the consumer land:

4 x 2006 Duval-Leroy Champagne Brut Millésimé @ $42.49 each

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13573 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Florida Keys Girl:
We are moving out of our house in a week and a half and don't have a new one yet... so right now, we are buying NOTHING!

You sold! Congratulations.

I hope you find someplace to plug in all your wine storage cabinets.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Posts: 3121 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post