WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Schrader Cab Offer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schrader Cab Offer
 Login/Join 
posted
Schrader, oddly given the vintage, has apparently expanded their cabernet offering to a greater number of wait listed folks.

Offer is for a two pack of 2011 vintage cabernets- RBS and the new LPV (Beckstoffer Las Piedras Vineyard). $350 plus tax and shipping.

If I buy does this make me a point whoring label chaser?? I'm really tempted.

Posts: 892 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me as a point chasing whore. I figure I can always trade these for something else further down the line.

GG

Posts: 276 | Location: Galveston, TX | Registered: Apr 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. I'll purchase to enjoy myself, but nice to know there's a healthy secondary market for these wines.

Posts: 892 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finding it odd that folks new to the list have received this email but I (who am not new to the list) have not. (email out to Schrader about this remains unanswered ...) Confused

Posts: 1875 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This just the two pack offer. This isn't the full mailing list offer.

Posts: 4600 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:
nice to know there's a healthy secondary market for these wines.

EB

It seems that recent vintages have sold on the secondary market at prices close to mailing list, especially when you factor in tax and shipping charges, so the health of demand has dwindled somewhat, but likely linked to lower scores.

Posts: 2567 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
nice to know there's a healthy secondary market for these wines.

EB

I wouldn't purchase these with the intent of making money reselling on secondary market unless they get huge scores. It seems that recent vintages have sold on the secondary market at prices close to mailing list, especially when you factor in tax and shipping charges.

I've never sold a wine and probably never will. If I buy the two pack it will be for my own consumption.

To clarify- nice to know I can trade the wines for $350 when my wife finds out what I spent and kicks my ass!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brashley:
Finding it odd that folks new to the list have received this email but I (who am not new to the list) have not. (email out to Schrader about this remains unanswered ...) Confused

I find it strange that your e-mail has gone unanswered. I've only bought from them the past couple years, and they have been very kind and responsive to my queries.

Also, I wasn't sure that EB was saying he is new to the list, just that he got this offer for the first time. I could be wrong, though.

Posts: 3272 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I joined maybe two years ago?

I'm sure there's an explanation Brashley- spam folder or they have the wrong email? Have the Zin or Aston offers come through?

posted Hide Post
I assume you logged into your account and it doesn't show an allocation? Is this the same offer that came out a few weeks ago?

Posts: 3195 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, this isnt the regular mailing list offer. This is an offer for people who have been on the wait list a while but havent made the regular mailing list yet. This is their third year doing it.

Posts: 4600 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2012FinalsMVPisclutch:
Guys, this isnt the regular mailing list offer. This is an offer for people who have been on the wait list a while but havent made the regular mailing list yet. This is their third year doing it.

Right...no confusion on my end. In fact, I fully expect that the limited offerings may last years more. I've heard from some other folks who have gotten only the limited January offer for three years now.

In any event, happy to get just the two for now.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I joined maybe two years ago?

I'm sure there's an explanation Brashley- spam folder or they have the wrong email? Have the Zin or Aston offers come through?

Received a response from them late yesterday, in response to an email I sent directly to Jen (as opposed to Scharder cellars). Apparently, me email has been "bouncing back" --- quite odd, as I don't have them on block). Anyways, I've been told that I'm part of the Jan. 22 free-for-all. Now, I'm just left wondering if I have to check-in with them every year b/c of email issues. Frown

Posts: 1875 | Location: L.A. | Registered: Dec 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyways, I've been told that I'm part of the Jan. 22 free-for-all.

What's the "Jan 22 free-for-all"? I've been buying since the 2001 vintage, and always wonder how I see specific wines sold on WC that I have never been offered. Confused

Posts: 3025 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Foghorn Leghorn:
quote:
Anyways, I've been told that I'm part of the Jan. 22 free-for-all.

What's the "Jan 22 free-for-all"? I've been buying since the 2001 vintage, and always wonder how I see specific wines sold on WC that I have never been offered. Confused

First come, first served. 2-packs.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, it's Jan 22 and there's nothing on their site concerning this sale.

Posts: 3025 | Location: Rocky Mountains | Registered: Apr 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Foghorn Leghorn:
quote:

Well, it's Jan 22 and there's nothing on their site concerning this sale.

Sale is 9a PST

posted Hide Post
I got the same thing from Bryant family this morning as well. 12 bottles of everything (and this is my 1st time getting an allocation).

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
I got the same thing from Bryant family this morning as well. 12 bottles of everything (and this is my 1st time getting an allocation).

The Cab and Bettina are too expensive for me, and the DB Four unfortunately is only available in a six pack...not sure I'll ever be a Bryant buyer, despite the quality.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Cab and Bettina are too expensive for me, and the DB Four unfortunately is only available in a six pack...not sure I'll ever be a Bryant buyer, despite the quality.

You're right on all counts. You're pretty much at $500 bottle for the cab and bettina. I did do the DB4 though.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The January offer is sold out.

Sitting around with nothing to do is great until you have to do it. - Dave's daughter

Posts: 452 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Aug 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any one else have trouble logging into their Schrader Accounts where your request timed out and never let you in?

Posts: 8 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: Nov 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're right on all counts. You're pretty much at $500 bottle for the cab and bettina. I did do the DB4 though.

I am in the same boat

Posts: 231 | Registered: Jun 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hopefully no one signed up to buy any shafers!

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12342 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post