WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Wines in the cellar that are just too cheap to serve.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wines in the cellar that are just too cheap to serve.
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
I believe it came from a trip to Disney

Big Grin

Posts: 30128 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was given a South Carolina Hilton Head Island Winery Riesling!!! Are you kidding me, Riesling in SC?? I am afraid to open it. It does not even show up on Wine searcher. LOL Ack

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1590 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
I was given a South Carolina Hilton Head Island Winery Riesling!!! Are you kidding me, Riesling in SC?? I am afraid to open it. It does not even show up on Wine searcher. LOL Ack

I didn't even know there was a winery on the Island. Will have to let Mom know. Smile

Posts: 3156 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my first thought was no - i'm selective of what i buy. then i remembered i still have two bottles from this small winery that i volunteered at over the summer. their signature grape is cab franc. they gave me a sample at their tasting bar and it tasted like a 2x4. they were using barrels made by the local cooper and it wasn't french or american oak. in fact, i don't even think the barrels were toasted. they gave me a few bottles to thank me for helping them out .. i really don't even want to cook with it.

maybe if i ever attend an off line event, i'll bring it. Wink

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
maybe if i ever attend an off line event, i'll bring it. Wink

Oh that'll make you popular Razz

Posts: 15520 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
How do you find out something that is consistently crap has high bottle variation?

None of the bottles tasted alike, but they all tasted like crap. They'd opened a few when they first got them in the store, so knew it fit the bill for what we wanted to do.

Jim
That's, RedLoverJim to you

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some Jacobs Creek Shiraz a neighbor brought over.

Posts: 9442 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post