WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    What will you be drinking when Frankenstorm keeps you indoors?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What will you be drinking when Frankenstorm keeps you indoors?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:

When the "Big One" gets us however, we'll be singing a different tune...

There was a 7.7 magnitude quake off the northern BC coast on Saturday and a follow up tremor of 6.2 last night.

Posts: 2812 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There was a 7.7 magnitude quake off the northern BC coast on Saturday and a follow up tremor of 6.2 last night.

Has anybody invented "Earthquake-Proof" wine racks yet?! I might be on to something...

Posts: 1573 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had wine each of the 6 nights we had no power. Last night, a 1993 Dalla Valle Cab was excellent, almost Old World in style.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36862 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
We had wine each of the 6 nights we had no power. Last night, a 1993 Dalla Valle Cab was excellent, almost Old World in style.

I'm not surprised. Welcome back.

PH

Posts: 15185 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Other than candlelight Scrabble, dinner with wine was our evening's entertainment.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36862 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
at the parents place.

I gave in as my house temp went down to 52 degrees and it was too cold to have the baby around

1985 Grahams
1994 Vesuvio
1996 Chateau Belair
1996 Quevedo Colheita
2010 Larkmead cab
2007 Larkmead cab
2002 Clos Du val Cab
2004 Match Butterdragon
2005 Signarello

drinking started at 3pm ;-)

tonight 2005 Hug Arryo Seco Pinot Noir

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12178 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
at the parents place.

I gave in as my house temp went down to 52 degrees and it was too cold to have the baby around...

Glad you, Mrs. g and baby-g are OK. Hope your power is back on soon.

PH

Posts: 15185 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
at the parents place.

I gave in as my house temp went down to 52 degrees and it was too cold to have the baby around

1985 Grahams
1994 Vesuvio
1996 Chateau Belair
1996 Quevedo Colheita
2010 Larkmead cab
2007 Larkmead cab
2002 Clos Du val Cab
2004 Match Butterdragon
2005 Signarello

How was the 94 Vesuvio drinking? How many years before it peaks, do you think?

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10675 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
at the parents place.

1985 Grahams
1994 Vesuvio
1996 Chateau Belair
1996 Quevedo Colheita
2010 Larkmead cab
2007 Larkmead cab
2002 Clos Du val Cab
2004 Match Butterdragon
2005 Signarello

How was the 94 Vesuvio drinking? How many years before it peaks, do you think?

it's very very approachable right now actually

i've got my generator coming in on wednesday

so i'm all set for that winter storm we're getting on thursday!

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12178 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife was using our kitchen as her office for the whole week(hospice nurse supervisor)because we never lost power on our street. After her shift ended at 6pm it was time to share some wine with our neighbors,some with and some without power.Here's our list.
Alberto Longo 2009 Primitivo,Shea 2006 Homer,
Tyrus Evan 2007 Walla Walla Syrah,
La Bastide St Vincent 1998 Gigondas,
Keplinger 2009 Kingspin Rowe Syrah,
2000 Chat. La Louviere, Lisini 1997 Brunello,
Fernandos(my neighbor)2010 Cali.Montipulciano

Posts: 95 | Location: union n j | Registered: Apr 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post