WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Time for another retrospective?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for another retrospective?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2012FinalsMVPisclutch:
Aren't 2003 Bordeauxs and Cali cabs the same thing? Banana

Big Grin ...well, unfortunately '03 Bordeaux do taste more like Cali than Bordeaux. Frown

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I vote for 1988 Bordeaux, 2001 Bordeaux or 88 or 90 Champagne.

2001 Bordeaux seems to be in a good spot now.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:

Big +1

Posts: 4480 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
I would also be interested in 2003 CdP.

+1

Posts: 718 | Location: Pinot Heaven - CA | Registered: Oct 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:

Big +1

+2

Posts: 124 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Dec 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Bordeaux still an underrated vintage, and offers great value vs. the "big" vintages of the decade. Probably my top QPR vintage from Bordeaux in the last 10 years certainly.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just popped a mag of '03 Ch. Montrose (I think) for Christmas. So the only '03's I'd have left would be German rieslings.

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6772 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of vintage port from '83.....

Posts: 819 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Aug 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fusionstorm:

finally someone who says "let's drink a wine taht is actually ready"

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11903 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, the results are in and the force appears strong with Bordeaux. Let's hope the Bordelais do not see this and take it as an excuse to once again raise prices to intolerable levels (too late?). A thread will be started in Tasting Notes so that those that choose to can share in this online off-line and express how some 2003's have developed. It was good to see other valid suggestions that hopefully will take shape as the year ticks away. Can you really have too many of these communal experiences?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Primordialsoup:
Well, the results are in and the force appears strong with Bordeaux. Let's hope the Bordelais do not see this and take it as an excuse to once again raise prices to intolerable levels (too late?). A thread will be started in Tasting Notes so that those that choose to can share in this online off-line and express how some 2003's have developed. It was good to see other valid suggestions that hopefully will take shape as the year ticks away. Can you really have too many of these communal experiences?

Confused...Bordeaux has 35% of the vote, and other has 27%.

Strong Bordeaux? Seems 65% voted against Bordeaux to me. Wink

So, what is your proposal... 2003 Bordeaux?

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's ok W+A. We can always start another retrospective/shared tasting. (Full disclosure: I voted for 2003 German Riesling).

posted Hide Post
No reason we can't do multiple retrospectives. There are multiple ideas out there. Someone start a thread and I will try to participate (although I have no or limited selections from some of the "other" categories listed).

----------
Sometimes I read a thread and think we ran out of stuff to talk about like 4 years ago. ~spo

Posts: 2880 | Location: San Diego | Registered: Jan 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by fusionstorm:

finally someone who says "let's drink a wine taht is actually ready"

Just for kicks and giggles, I was going to propose '03 vintage champagne...... Wink

Posts: 819 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: Aug 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post