WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    So, Any wines in the cellar that's just too expensive to drink?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, Any wines in the cellar that's just too expensive to drink?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:

No, I actually wasn't really referring to wine.
Just the whole, seize the moment talk. It's easy to talk the talk and/or exercise the talk most of the time but to actually "be" that person requires a lot of just letting go.

Ah, I see, sorry.

My twin brother DoktaP beat me to the answer. Wink

Posts: 30133 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:

No, I actually wasn't really referring to wine.
Just the whole, seize the moment talk. It's easy to talk the talk and/or exercise the talk most of the time but to actually "be" that person requires a lot of just letting go.

Ah, I see, sorry.

My twin brother DoktaP beat me to the answer. Wink

I think he meant letting go at like the taco stand in mexico and then the after effects in the hotel room the night of.

there's alot of letting go going on both ways

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12135 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when you coming north for an offline? LOL

Posts: 1671 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
different variation on a common theme.

Got that trophy bottle in the cellar that you refuse to open no matter who's over, so you can show it off? (Perhaps a 1787 Lafite?)

Yes, 2004 Poker Face. I'd rather trade it for a couple of Saxum's and/or Alban's. Can't justify drinking a $700 bottle of wine.

Posts: 30 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Jan 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An '06 Screaming Eagle. I just couldn't enjoy it knowing how many other bottles I could buy for the price of just that one.

Ardeis in Seminole

Posts: 429 | Location: Seminole, Florida | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post