WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013 - What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013 - What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
a new mountain bike frame... stoked.

Santa Cruz Highball Carbon. Bam.

I spent 4 years in Miami....where are the mountains? Razz....just busting your "bulls"....lots of cool places to ride. Nice choice by the way.

Smile

I get that a lot. We actually have some great, extremely technical, singletrack down here. One of the parks, Oleta River State Park, played host to the Olympic Qualifiers for (I believe) Atlanta '96. A lot of riders from Colorado and Utah winter down here to train. They've told me that since everything here is man-made / man-carved, it's overly technical. It's slower in South Florida (because of the lack of mountains), but it's extremely technical. So it's a good place to hone your skills... so I've been told.

We also have a lot of new parks popping up, one just a few miles form my house which is why I ride a lot (Virginia Key), and there's Amelia Earhart, and big, bad, Markham Park in Broward county.

Posts: 5002 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very nice!

Are you swapping parts from another bike?

Posts: 260 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
quote:

Very nice!

Are you swapping parts from another bike?

Nope. All new build. I'm gonna build it up over the next 6 months.

My current ride is a Santa Cruz Chameleon with a Fox 120, American Classic MTB26's, and an e*thirteen singlespeed setup. It's my do-all, no fail, wrecking machine. I love it.

The Highball is gonna be my XC racing machine, so a totally different build / ride.

Do you ride?

Posts: 5002 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my teens I did a lot of mountain biking. I had a 2000 kona kula, which was an awesome ride. Also got into dh for a bit.

Would love to re-build my old kona lava dome frame, but need people to ride with. Now I just stick to the road.

Posts: 260 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2x Kutch 2011 Sonoma Coast PN
1x Kutch 2011 Savoy Vineyard Alexander Valley PN
2x 2009 Ormes de Pez
2x 2010 Brewer Clifton Santa Rita Hills PN

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1623 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inglenook cask cab 2009
Inglenook Rubicon 2009
Both were served at the latest vegas dinner with FF Coppola. Great dinner, great wines.

olderthandirt

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 x '06 Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau
2 x '08 Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau
'96 Comte Armand Pommard 1er Cru Clos des Epeneaux

Posts: 3170 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Dominus.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kosta Browne allocation

Posts: 723 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KB allocation
Lillian allocation
Saxum allocation
Antica Terra allocation
Corra allocation

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 971 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'06 palacios faraona. A friend offered me what I would consider a screamin' deal on 3 of these. Mencia wasn't his style, and i'm more than pleased to snag 'em.

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man"

Posts: 58 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 X 2011 Alambrado Bonarda Gran Selección
1 X 2009 Casa Primicia Rioja Carravacas de Primicia
2 X 2011 Castillo De Aguaron Cariñena
1 X 2009 Château Les Combes
1 X 2009 Lornano Chianti Classico Le Macchie

2 X 2010 Le Prieure Côtes du Rhône Villages
2 X 2011 Domaine Rouxvale Cabernet Sauvignon
2 X 2009 jean-Pierre Moueix Bordeaux Controlle Private Reserve

2 X 2010 The House of Independent Producers Merlot La Bourgeoisie Bacchus Vineyard

2 X 2011 Tenuta Ca'Bolani Friuli Aquileia Sauvignon

2 X 2011 Tenuta Ca' Vescovo Friuli Aquileia Cabernet Sauvignon
1 x 2009 Vina Maipo Cabernet Sauvignon / Syrah

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6382 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Cerbaiona BdM

Posts: 808 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
2009 Dominus.

mpls, do you have any experience with this or newer vintages of Dominus?
I have enjoyed early 90's and late 80's but hesitant to purchase any newer vintages. In your opinion, is today's style consistent with older vintages? TIA

Posts: 1695 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:

You're in for a treat. We had this blind in a line-up of 10 red burgs a few weeks ago and it was stunning. WOTN for many, for me it was a very close runner up.

http://thewinenerds.ca/

Posts: 733 | Location: Toronto, Ontario (Etobicoke) | Registered: Oct 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kutch allocation:

12 x 2011 Kutch Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast
4 x 2011 Kutch Pinot Noir Savoy Vineyard

Smile

Posts: 3599 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Kutch allocation:

Smile

I just got the same allocation (less than a year) but don't know if the wine is worth it to buy 16 bottles. On the other hand, could i get kicked out if i buy less than half of the allocation.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1623 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Château Doisy-Daëne (Bordeaux sec)

Posts: 893 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Canuck:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:

You're in for a treat. We had this blind in a line-up of 10 red burgs a few weeks ago and it was stunning. WOTN for many, for me it was a very close runner up.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to it. The notes from that evening caused me to seek one out.

Posts: 3170 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Kutch allocation:

Smile

I just got the same allocation (less than a year) but don't know if the wine is worth it to buy 16 bottles. On the other hand, could i get kicked out if i buy less than half of the allocation.

I wouldn't be too concerned about being dropped. I purchase each go round, but have yet to take my full allocation.

posted Hide Post
Ridge Monte Bello 2009 (750) x 3

Finally made it's way to BC.

Posts: 18 | Location: North Shore | Registered: Jan 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NV Selosse Initial
NV Selosse La Cote Faron Extra Brut
2001, 2004 & 2005 Alaro Palacios l'Ermita

Posts: 30181 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2002 Bollinger Grande Annee
2005 Clerc Milon

Posts: 130 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Dec 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2005 SQN Atlantis
2005 SQN Over and Out

Posts: 1057 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kistler Chardonnay and Pinot noir allocation
KB allocation
Marcassin Chardonnay allocation

Posts: 1630 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post