WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013 - What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013 - What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:
A bran new set of tires for my car. One almost blew up and can't only change one Bang 2 Cents

Potholes courtesy of the ville de montreal? Razz

Pay for ten and get one fixed. Ack

Posts: 1570 | Location: London, ON | Registered: Nov 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was lucky enough to have this in my order from the Rhone offer from the SAQ:

0 2010 Rostaing Côte Rôtie(Côte Blonde et Landonne)
0 2010 Charvin Chateauneuf-du-Pape
0 2006 Fonsalette
0 2010 Alain Graillot Crozes

I am not in the position to pay for my tires Ack

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dzitt,

Posts: 856 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried for 2009 Chave Hermitage (red & white).
Notta Roll Eyes

Posts: 15478 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just picked up some Delamotte Blanc de Blanc, 2002. Never tried this producer before.

Posts: 3710 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Mont Olivet CDP Cuvee du Papet

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6589 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chard:

Pay for ten and get one fixed to last one season. Ack

Fixed. Wink

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6589 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Bridlewood Estate Winery Chardonnay

2010 Viña Cono Sur Pinot Noir Visión

2010 Marchesi de' Frescobaldi Tenuta di Castiglioni Toscana IGT

2009 Domaine de Gournier Chardonnay Vin de Pays des Cévennes

2009 E. Guigal Côtes du Rhône

2010 Viña Maipo Carmenère-Cabernet Sauvignon

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6322 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Leoville Barton
2010 Trotanoy
2010 LLC

Ya - I buckled

Posts: 1637 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kosta Browne Allocation

Drank an 09 RRV Pinot 2 weeks ago...seriously delicious...and I've been down on KB after a drinking the 07 and 08's over the last 2 years. Have a 2010 Sonoma on deck for this weekend.

www.mywinelist.net

Posts: 199 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Nov 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
2010 Leoville Barton
2010 Trotanoy
2010 LLC

Ya - I buckled

Ok, so how were they? I had mixed feelings about 2010 after the UGC - so tannic, so much dark fruit(left bank). I did like the Leoville Barton though.

So... how were they?

Posts: 1857 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
2010 Leoville Barton
2010 Trotanoy
2010 LLC

Ya - I buckled

Ok, so how were they? I had mixed feelings about 2010 after the UGC - so tannic, so much dark fruit(left bank). I did like the Leoville Barton though.

So... how were they?

Outside of Leoville Barton, any other standout bottles at the UGC?

Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3x Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve; thought was really wroth it at 33 euros.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1574 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't go to the UGC.

Posts: 1637 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2x 2010 Pegau Reservee.

Posts: 9424 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Kumeu River Maté's Vineyard Chardonnay
2008 Norman Hardie Pinot Noir Unfilterred Niagara
2005 Ch. Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape (half)
2006 Dunn Vineyards Cab Sauvignon, Napa
2010 Marques de Casa Concha Cab Sauvignon, Maipo
2011 Errazuriz Sauvignon Blanc Max Reserva
2011 Cono Sur Viognier
2011 Cono Sur Chardonnay Reserva
2011 Cono Sur Chardonnay Bio

All sourced from a LCBO I'm not used too. Lots of vintages difference between LCBO's website and store inventory. They didn't found the remaining Vajra Barolo...

Posts: 856 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boredough:
quote:
quote:
2010 Leoville Barton
2010 Trotanoy
2010 LLC

Ya - I buckled

So... how were they?

My palate got overwhelmed early -all those big tannins. Pomerol as a whole seemed more balanced. Gruaud Larose stood out on the left. Some could be really oustanding with significant ageing when the tannins settle down and they integrate. Beychevelle and Rauzan Segla come to mind there. Lafon Rochet seemed more balanced and approachable young than other left bank wines. La Cabanne (Pomerol seemed it would be approachble from 5-6 years.

Clinet and La Conseillante were outstandiing.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
2010 Leoville Barton
2010 Trotanoy
2010 LLC

Ya - I buckled

So... how were they?

My palate got overwhelmed early -all those big tannins. Pomerol as a whole seemed more balanced. Gruaud Larose stood out on the left. Some could be really oustanding with significant ageing when the tannins settle down and they integrate. Beychevelle and Rauzan Segla come to mind there. Lafon Rochet seemed more balanced and approachable young than other left bank wines. La Cabanne (Pomerol seemed it would be approachble from 5-6 years.

Clinet and La Conseillante were outstandiing.

That is the reason I did not bother attending this year. I believe we met at the tasting last year and despite being a more approchable vintage it was difficult to evaluate the wines then.

Great to hear about Pomerol as I have a few coming in, along with the GL. Any recollection of Malescot or Clos Fourtet?

posted Hide Post
quote:
2010 Trotanoy

Where did you buy these? I love Trotanoy and have been unable to source any.

BTW, the last '89 LLC I opened was absolutely tremendous!

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5701 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
2010 Trotanoy

Futures has them @ $259. Pretty reasonable considering lowest US price seems to be $345.

posted Hide Post
2x 2011 Chappellet Chenin Blanc
2010 Chappellet Petite Sirah
1993 Forman Cabernet Sauvignon
2010 Bedrock Cuvée Karatas
2010 Carlisle The Derivative

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

My palate got overwhelmed early -all those big tannins.
That is the reason I did not bother attending this year. I believe we met at the tasting last year and despite being a more approchable vintage it was difficult to evaluate the wines then.

Great to hear about Pomerol as I have a few coming in, along with the GL. Any recollection of Malescot or Clos Fourtet?

Unfortunately - no notes on Clos Fourtet, and missed Malescot. I have a couple of vintages of Malescot, so I'm considering still picking some up before they close off futures.

2009 was definitely a big vintage, with big fruit, but seemed more balanced and accessible at the UGC than 2010. Time will tell for 2010 but right now, I'd be more interested in the 2009s despite picking up a few 2010s.

One of the reasons I like going to the UGC is to get an overall impression of the vintage, at that stage, even if it means a vintage that may not be the most interesting or compelling down the road.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
2010 Trotanoy

Futures has them @ $259. Pretty reasonable considering lowest US price seems to be $345.

Dok, the Barton and LLC were sourced south at good prices in comparison to the LCBO but as Boredough stated, the Trotanoy is a "steal" at the LCBO relative to anywhere else. Who woulda thunk it?

posted Hide Post
My 1998 Guigal La Mouline arrived today and is now in the cellar.

I love buying things that take time to ship. It seems so $pain$ free when they show up. Big Grin

Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny you should say that. The 2000 Unico I ordered about 6 months ago arrived today. Smile

Posts: 2771 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia Reserva

Posts: 796 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post