WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013 - What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013 - What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My 2009 Bdx finally showed up to LCBO. I almost forgot about paying the balance and missed the payment due date by two weeks. They told me I was lucky they didn't cancel the order. Apparently they can do that and just send you a refund cheque for the balance. Phew!

Posts: 2279 | Location: Brights Grove Ontario | Registered: Jun 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Hopefully nothing. Upcoming wedding is really going to crimp my collecting and future consumption. Smack

Fail!

2 x 2010 Fortia Cuvee du Baron CdP
3 x 2010 Saint Cosme Gigondas Cuvee Valbelle

Posts: 5471 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- 2004 Henri Goutorbe Champagne Special Club
- 2005 Pierre Gimonnet Champagne Special Club X2
- NV Lenoble Champagne Cuvee Les Adventures Blanc de Blancs
- 2001 Fritz Haag Brauneberger Riesling Juffer Sonnenuhr Auslese Goldkapsel #12 X2
- 2006 Marcassin Pinot Noir Marcassin Estate

I am very excited to have been able to source these wines, but especially so for the Fritz Haag Riesling. I've been extremely impressed with all of his 2001's, maybe 6 or 7 different bottlings but none at this level. I can hardly wait to try one, but won't see them until mid-March!

Is it possible that I ought to seek help? Smile

Cheers!

Posts: 8447 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:

Help drinking maybe. LOL

Posts: 5471 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:

Help drinking maybe. LOL
Big Grin

Cheers!

Posts: 8447 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 Château Yvonne Saumur (white)

Posts: 877 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:

Nice.

Posts: 30129 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Chappellet Signature Cabernet.

Posts: 9442 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

Nice.

I'm having it right now. Very good with honey and tropical fruit. WIll buy more Smile

Posts: 877 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

TCWC? I've been contemplating the exact same purchase. Seems like a good price for a pretty consistently well scored wine in an area I'd like to try more of...which also happens to be the birth year of my first daughter. I also may grab a couple of their regular Gigondas from that year, which I found somewhere nearby.

Posts: 3223 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 KB allocation

Posts: 1050 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 DuMol RRV Syrah @ $15

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
quote:

TCWC? I've been contemplating the exact same purchase. Seems like a good price for a pretty consistently well scored wine in an area I'd like to try more of...which also happens to be the birth year of my first daughter. I also may grab a couple of their regular Gigondas from that year, which I found somewhere nearby.

Yep, TCWC. A couple of months ago they ofered the regular 2010 Gigondas for I think $28.95, and I ordered four. They are offering it again, but for a few bucks higher.

posted Hide Post
(2) 2006 Lynch Bages @ $65

(2) 2008 Ramey Chardonnay Carneros @ $20

Posts: 1566 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:

Where can I find such deals? Big fan of Lynch Bages.

Posts: 1664 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:

Where can I find such deals? Big fan of Lynch Bages.

It's funny, as I just posted about Bevmo being a crappy place to buy nice wine. Low & behold, one of the stores (not the one I posted about) was having some sort of "End of the Year Clearance Sale" (Kind of strange, seeing as we're half way through Feb!). Anyways, this was the best deal I saw, so I bought all they had...2 bottles. They also had quite a few '07's that I passed on (Montrose @ $55, Pichon Lalande @ $75, among others).

Posts: 1566 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Colome, Malbec
2004 Nino Negri, Valtellina, 5 Stelle Sfursat

Posts: 10110 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bran new set of tires for my car. One almost blew up and can't only change one Bang 2 Cents

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:

2004 Nino Negri, Valtellina, 5 Stelle Sfursat

A friend bought one for me. Had a bottle few months ago and it's pretty good and young !

posted Hide Post
quote:
A bran new set of tires for my car. One almost blew up and can't only change one Bang 2 Cents

Brake Job
brake fluid flush
Oil Change
thermostat replacement
Coolant Flush
2 new tie rods
Alignment

....should have just bought a new car, but with a 6 month old set of tires and recently rebuilt trans, might as well drive it for another year

www.mywinelist.net

Posts: 199 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Nov 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm lucky !

posted Hide Post
2 x 2007 Cayuse Armada Syrah

Posts: 1607 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Potholes courtesy of the ville de montreal? Razz

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6599 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
quote:

Potholes courtesy of the ville de montreal? Razz

Roads are quite generous around here Smack

posted Hide Post
2001 Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia Reserva (2) $36.79   
2008 Mas Doix, Salanques  (3) $23.19   
2010 Palacios Camins del Priorat (4) $17.59   
2009 Rocca Di Frassinello Le Sughere (3) $19.99

@ Wally's Tent sale

Posts: 301 | Location: 90049 | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post