WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013 - What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013 - What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds like a BigP deal

Another "meet in front of Walmart" special.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:

i never understood the kistler allocations

they totally hold you hostage for a wine after you can find the crappy designation int he secondary or even the retail market for less than they offer just for some super special single bottling that you could have had paying for cheaper if you didn't spend all that money buying 2 cases of the crappy starter wines.

My thoughts exactly...I've skipped my Kistler allocations precisely because of this.

Posts: 726 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the last week,

2011 Kosta Browne Pinot
2011 Aston-Schrader Pinot

I like these styles and I have not had very good luck searching out good Pinot...

Posts: 330 | Registered: Sep 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought 6 more 2010 Donjon Chateauneuf, after promising myself that I would not buy any more young wines that I will need to age. I don't know what the hell's wrong with me.

Cheers!

Posts: 8525 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL
Funny. Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2010 Donjon Chateauneuf

Yeah, I know all about it. I bought a case!

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seaq & Dok. If I didn't buy any for that same reason, you two should definitely not be buying cases! Razz

Posts: 10154 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just added the 2010 Le Vieux Donjon CdP too. I had been looking at these for a while.

I'm 45 and optimistic (I'd better be with wife who is 36 weeks pregnant). I'm hoping my 60 year old self is happy with a lot of these purchases.

Posts: 130 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Dec 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I was 45 I'd be buying them too.

Posts: 10154 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 Bouchard Pere @ Fils 1er cru Volnay Caillerets Anciene Cuvee Carnot.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swade:
I just added the 2010 Le Vieux Donjon CdP too. I had been looking at these for a while.

I'm 45 and optimistic (I'd better be with wife who is 36 weeks pregnant). I'm hoping my 60 year old self is happy with a lot of these purchases.

Congratulations!

Posts: 1695 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Cheers!

Posts: 130 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: Dec 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Seaq & Dok. If I didn't buy any for that same reason, you two should definitely not be buying cases! Razz

That's why they invented infantcide!

Posts: 5144 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
I bought 6 more 2010 Donjon Chateauneuf, after promising myself that I would not buy any more young wines that I will need to age. I don't know what the hell's wrong with me.

Clearly, some are taking Kramer's observations that most wines made today are open for business within 10 yrs. to heart and the cellar re-building has begun for a generation otherwise drinking theirs down Razz

Posts: 15571 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 x 2010 Dom. P Usseglio Cuvee de Mon Aieul CdP
2 x 2008 Shafer Hillside Select
3 x 2002 Pierre Peters Les Chetillons
3 x 2004 Pierre Peters Les Chetillons
3 x NV Selosse Initiale

Posts: 1632 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc

3 x NV Selosse Initiale

Wine Doc,

Have I ever told you I think you are a learned man of great intellect, style and benevolence? Wink

Posts: 30184 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- 2012 Ridge Monte Bello (futures). Hurry up 2015!

Posts: 1591 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monte Bello Futures
Vine HIll Ranch Allocation
Myriad Allocation

"Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man"

Posts: 58 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Oct 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ridge Monte Bello futures
DuMOL allocation
Kistler allocation
Roco Pinot

Posts: 54 | Registered: Jan 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc

3 x NV Selosse Initiale

Wine Doc,

Have I ever told you I think you are a learned man of great intellect, style and benevolence? Wink

Not sure about the latter, but I do think it needs to be put to the test! Smile

posted Hide Post
Kosta Browne, Rochioli and Turley allocations today.

Tom
www.zinfandelchronicles.com
twitter: @NWTomLee

Posts: 114 | Registered: Jul 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Santa Duc Prestige Hautes Garrigues
2010 Vieux Telegraphe CdP

Posts: 1587 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
2010 Donjon Chateauneuf

I bought quite a few as well. Sampled the wine on two occasions (from SAQ Kirkland winestation machine) and it was quite enjoyable. I don't think the 2010 will take 15 years.

Going where the water tastes like wine

Posts: 733 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle John:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
2010 Donjon Chateauneuf

I bought quite a few as well. Sampled the wine on two occasions (from SAQ Kirkland winestation machine) and it was quite enjoyable. I don't think the 2010 will take 15 years.

Haven't been fast enough to grab some. Hopefully for me, there's plenty of wine to buy !

Posts: 893 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 & 2006 Cerbaiona BdM

Posts: 808 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post