WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Wine i-Pad apps?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wine i-Pad apps?
 Login/Join 
posted
What are some worthwhile wine related i-Pad apps? Food apps too.

Posts: 300 | Location: 90049 | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CellarVu Smile

Posts: 34 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: Jul 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree! If you use CellarTracker, CellarVu is a must have! -mJ

http://jerseyfoodies.blogspot.com/
FACEBOOK: http://www.Facebook.com/njfoodies
http://www.rebeldiamondsband.com/

Posts: 1916 | Location: Capitol Hill, DC | Registered: Apr 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wine Spectator ratings
Wine mobile
Ws vintage chart
Wine prices

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6320 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just downloaded CellarVU...Wow! Awesome! Thanks for the tip.

Cheers!

Posts: 28 | Registered: Jan 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAS:

Agreed! I love being able to peruse all of the wines in my cellar from the iPad.

Posts: 34 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: Jul 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed.....really cool app, love it! Better than going to cellar tracker through a browser.

Posts: 300 | Location: 90049 | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1 this app is awesome

Posts: 1295 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First of all Hello to Everyone this is my first post here, so I look forward to becoming a active member.

Now to the question I downloaded the CellarVU app and much perfer "Cor.kz" Its much simpler, it may to be as flashy and have as many graphics, but for basic inventory management I think it does the job better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SBDanny,

Posts: 7 | Location: Santa Barbara | Registered: Jun 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine recently mentioned that a diner guest at his house "scanned" the back label of a wine bottle with his iphone and the iphone app then provided a list of nearby stores where the wine was available. It seems this was not strictly a wine app. Of course he does not remember the name of the app.

Has anybody heard or used this app? I was thinking it might be winesearcher but they have no app.

Thanks.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1574 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No i-devices here, I'm all Android. I can tell you that using a bar code scanner on any product will bring up product info and link you to a search for the product. Not sure what i-apps there are for scanning, but in Android there are many that will perform this function for you. I'm sure the i-devices have caught up with this functionality by now.

Go Habs Go

Posts: 5562 | Location: Chicago | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
No i-devices here, I'm all Android. I can tell you that using a bar code scanner on any product will bring up product info and link you to a search for the product. Not sure what i-apps there are for scanning, but in Android there are many that will perform this function for you. I'm sure the i-devices have caught up with this functionality by now.

LOL

Posts: 3181 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Android devices, Google "Goggles" does that job, ... sometimes

There is nothing in our intelligence that has not passed by the senses. (Aristoteles)

Posts: 1898 | Location: Luxemburg | Registered: Nov 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
A friend of mine recently mentioned that a diner guest at his house "scanned" the back label of a wine bottle with his iphone and the iphone app then provided a list of nearby stores where the wine was available. It seems this was not strictly a wine app. Of course he does not remember the name of the app.

Has anybody heard or used this app? I was thinking it might be winesearcher but they have no app.

Thanks.

Vivino perhaps?

Posts: 740 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: Oct 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric LeVine:
quote:

Thanks.

Vivino perhaps?

Red Laser also does that

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6320 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
quote:
quote:

Thanks.

Vivino perhaps?

Red Laser also does that

BINGO !!!! This is it. Thanks a lot.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1574 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can scan with an Amazon app too (not that I recommend buying any vino from them).

Posts: 54 | Registered: Jan 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks.

Vivino perhaps?

Friend just showed me Vivino. Its basically a much improved version of Delectable since it has community summary information, availability & pricing info. Seems to lack the cellar management features of Cellar Tracker though.

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Posts: 460 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Aug 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post