WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    October 2012 Classics Catalogue
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October 2012 Classics Catalogue
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Not 100% sure but I think:

0/1 DOMAINE ARMAND ROUSSEAU PÈRE & FILS CHARMES-CHAMBERTIN GRAND CRU 2009
0/1 DOMAINE ARMAND ROUSSEAU PÈRE & FILS CLOS DE LA ROCHE GRAND CRU 2009
2/2 BOLLINGER LA GRANDE ANNÉE BRUT CHAMPAGNE 2002
2/2 E. GUIGAL BRUNE ET BLONDE CÔTE-RÔTIE 2007
1/1 BOLLIG-LEHNERT PIESPORTER GOLDTRÖPFCHEN RIESLING BEERENAUSLESE 2006
0/1 CHÂTEAU MONTROSE 2008
0/2 DOMAINE DE LA JANASSE VIEILLES VIGNES CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE 2010
0/2 CLOS SAINT JEAN DEUS EX MACHINA CHÂTEAUNEUF-DU-PAPE 2009
2/2 DOMAINE WILLIAM FÈVRE VALMUR CHABLIS GRAND CRU 2009
0/1 DOMAINE DE LA ROMANÉE-CONTI ÉCHÉZEAUX GRAND CRU 2009
0/1 DOMAINE DE LA ROMANÉE-CONTI CORTON GRAND CRU 2009

http://thewinenerds.ca/

Posts: 666 | Location: Toronto, Ontario (Etobicoke) | Registered: Oct 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
VinC, didn't order the SGN wines from ZH, though I'm wondering why that was now. lmk on the Clos des Papes.

steve8, you have to call to see exactly what you were allocated, or try to do the math yourself.

Another beautiful LCBO system btw. You can place and pay for your order online, you just can't see what you were allocated online. The genius of this is lost on a simpleton like me, but I'm sure the overlords have a great reason for setting up the system in this fashion (I'm thinking social responsibility).

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2356 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3/3 DOMAINE ZIND-HUMBRECHT HEIMBOURG SGN 2008
3/3 DOMAINE ZIND-HUMBRECHT ROTENBERG SGN 2008
2/2 DOMAINE DE LA JANASSE VIEILLES VIGNES 2010
0/3 CLOS SAINT JEAN DEUS EX MACHINA 2009
3/3 CAPANNA RISERVA BRUNELLO DI MONTALCINO 2006

Just spoke to customer "service" and they confirmed what I was going to receive. They were happy to charge my card today even the wines won't ship for 4-6 weeks because they were also "pushing out Bordeaux Futures right now".

Posts: 2644 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went 0/40. No surprise there.

Posts: 1278 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
...they were also "pushing out Bordeaux Futures right now".

Ewww, that sounds painful!

Posts: 580 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AML:

Eek What did you order????

Posts: 2356 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:

AML has expensive tastes.

Posts: 2644 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know, I've seen his shoes Big Grin

I've done badly in the lotter before, but 0/40 is pretty surprising.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know, I've seen his shoes Big Grin

I've done badly in the lotter before, but 0/40 is pretty surprising.

+1 re: AML's shoes.

0 for 40 sounds like a Buffalo football team - that's brutal. Wait, that was 0-4-4. Close.

2/2 01 Scavino Carobric. They still have some if anyone is looking for it.

Posts: 1760 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My order was all DRC and Rousseau. Unfortunately, the wine gods were not looking down on me to grant me even 1 bottle!

Posts: 1278 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wondering who got rousseau clos de beze

wine+time+friends=wonderful world

Posts: 192 | Registered: Mar 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My order was all DRC and Rousseau. Unfortunately, the wine gods were not looking down on me to grant me even 1 bottle!

I'm surprised. I wished you many miracles.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
With exception of the DRC wines ordered for a fellow, wealthy forumite, it appears I got everything I ordered.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there no way to see what one actually got? I can see how much I owe and can bring up my order, but does one really have to back calculate to determine what was allowed?

The LCBO has amazingly modern IT infrastructure. They're 1995 e-commerce best practices aligned.

Steve, it can take a day or two to get an email or call about your allocation. Apparently notification emails can't go out at the same time your allocation is calculated, like Amazon.ca, Canadiantire.ca, futureshop.ca, etc.ca, etc.ca. This is the LCBO.

Posts: 748 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Mar 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
0/2 Spottswoode Cabernet Sauvignon 2009
2/2 Capanna Riserva Brunello DI Montalcino 2006

Posts: 94 | Location: Corunna Ontario | Registered: Oct 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
...they were also "pushing out Bordeaux Futures right now".

Ewww, that sounds painful!

Maybe so many people told them where to shove their 2011 Futures pricing, the Liquor Constipation Board of Ontario is having some trouble pushing out the 2009's.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darcy:
The LCBO has amazingly modern IT infrastructure. They're 1995 e-commerce best practices aligned.

It's probably my fault! I told them to keep on working on it until they get it right!

Meanwhile, will I get notified about my order before the deadline for paying expires? The clock is ticking and I don't hear no ringing...

Posts: 5062 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
quote:

It's probably my fault! I told them to keep on working on it until they get it right!

Meanwhile, will I get notified about my order before the deadline for paying expires? The clock is ticking and I don't hear no ringing...

You can just phone and ask (what I did). Press 2 for existing orders. Bonus is that they put through a new order for the Scavino Carobric when they didn't find anything from the lotto for me.

Posts: 1760 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
0/2 Deux Ex
3/3 Clos des Papes

Clos des Papes vertical now goes from 2005 - 2010.

Posts: 127 | Registered: Jul 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
quote:

You can just phone and ask (what I did). Press 2 for existing orders. Bonus is that they put through a new order for the Scavino Carobric when they didn't find anything from the lotto for me.

The point made numerous times in the thread is that how can the LCBO expect someone to make payment for an order they don't know they have waiting? Again, the LCBO can't realistically think that everyone placing orders for this program are constantly refreshing VSO to see if there's something to pay for.

Posts: 10768 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got clos de beze Cool

Posts: 1127 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Canada:
Got clos de beze Cool
Winner

......... Devilish

Posts: 85 | Registered: Jan 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify on what I heard from the agent, you would have 24 hours from the point at which you were spoken to in person about what was filled on your order. There are no details on VSO about what was filled, so I am assuming that doesn't count towards the payment deadline. I could be wrong on the 24 hour cutoff though as I on;y spoke to one agent - has anyone else been told this?

Posts: 1660 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:
Just to clarify on what I heard from the agent, you would have 24 hours from the point at which you were spoken to in person about what was filled on your order. There are no details on VSO about what was filled, so I am assuming that doesn't count towards the payment deadline. I could be wrong on the 24 hour cutoff though as I on;y spoke to one agent - has anyone else been told this?

I made my payment right away but was told it had to be done before phone ordering opened up, which I believe is the 26th.

Two LCBO agents with varying information? This...This can't be... Roll Eyes

Posts: 85 | Registered: Jan 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boredough:
quote:
Originally posted by vijay:

I made my payment right away but was told it had to be done before phone ordering opened up, which I believe is the 26th.

Two LCBO agents with varying information? This...This can't be... Roll Eyes

i was also told that they want all orders paid for before they open up the phones on Friday AM....they said it all needs to be paid by Thursday @ 6pm

Posts: 1127 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Not sure what happens to people they can't reach before 6pm on Thursday. As a result there could potentially be piles of product up for grabs on Friday. DRC, anyone? Razz

Posts: 1660 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: Apr 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post