WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    January 2011 - What are you buying?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2011 - What are you buying?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2007 Round Pond Cabernet Sauvignon
2008 Tamarack Firehouse Red

I am also part of the club not buying much at all going forward - too much wine (have to drink 6+ cases just to get back down to normal capacity) and other money obligations. I bought the above thanks to a coupon.

Posts: 3165 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Nothing. Let's see how long it is before I crack.

Same here. I'm going to be tough about this.... What's that you say?.... 2002 Pierre Peters Les Chetillons?.... OK, I'll take 6. Smack

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i just split a 6 of 08 QC with reff and schliecker, and skipped the mag altogether. that's me "cutting back". Smile

-----------------------------

Go Yankees! Razz

Posts: 8463 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mareff:
quote:

I'm with you as well, let's see

quote:
Originally posted by TBird:
i just split a 6 of 08 QC with reff and schliecker, and skipped the mag altogether. that's me "cutting back". Smile

I guess that didn't last long, eh Reff? Big Grin

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13490 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:

Same here. I'm going to be tough about this.... What's that you say?.... 2002 Pierre Peters Les Chetillons?.... OK, I'll take 6. Smack

That would make me want to break as well. Wink

Today was the first official test: Quilceda Creek allocations went live today. I'm skipping myself. Smile

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13490 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Board-O,
Hah, when Posner sent his email offering of this it was almost a reflex reaction for me to order some. I have a feeling this is one that is not to be missed!

Posts: 1582 | Registered: May 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wew were hoping to visit Pierre Peters last summer, but they were closed in August when we were in Champagne. I'll try again this summer, but we'll be there in August again.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
2007 Round Pond Cabernet Sauvignon
2008 Tamarack Firehouse Red

I am also part of the club not buying much at all going forward - too much wine (have to drink 6+ cases just to get back down to normal capacity) and other money obligations. I bought the above thanks to a coupon.

Sparty, my "cellar" is nothing compared to most on the boards. However, it seems every time I say I don't want to buy anything for a while, Binny's puts out those damn 15% coupons!

Posts: 5423 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wew were hoping to visit Pierre Peters last summer, but they were closed in August when we were in Champagne. I'll try again this summer, but we'll be there in August again.

I would be mucho jealous of you if you had the opportunity to visit. We will all be expecting a full write up Wink

Posts: 1582 | Registered: May 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mazzetti D' Altavilla Grappa
2006 Tenuta Sant' Antonio Amarone

Always nice to return from holidays and find some gifts on your desk. Smile

Posts: 1570 | Location: London, ON | Registered: Nov 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 x 2007 Hall Kathryn Hall Cabernet

Forgot to add these to my picked up on my Napa trip list.

Ryan

Posts: 1001 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Trefethen Merlot Oak Knoll District.

Posts: 9414 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mezzo Litro:
Since there's no "What have you been gifted" thread, I'll post here:

Red 2005 Joseph Phelps Backus
Red 2006 Staglin the Estate

Can't wait to try them when I turn 50... next decade. Big Grin

Nice I got me an '05 Backus. Should be epic Smile

"This may be the wine talking but I want some more wine"

Posts: 1023 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12 - 09 Stefania Chaine d'Or Chard... for less than the cost of 2 bottles of QC!

Posts: 1704 | Location: Just outside Philadelphia, Pa. | Registered: Feb 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philipponnat Royal Reserve NV

Posts: 2205 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by khmark7:

What did you think of it? I found impressive for a relative entry level Champagne, albeit from a great winery.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
6x 2009 Acustic Blanc Montsant

Posts: 30066 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2006 Elio Grasso Barolo Ginestra "Casa Mate"
2008 Quilceda Creek

Posts: 1112 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mezzo Litro:
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
Nice I got me an '05 Backus. Should be epic Smile

What's an '05 Backus cost down there? Curious.

I was a Phelps club member at the time so I paid $180 - most I've spent on a bottle of wine, for the record Smile

"This may be the wine talking but I want some more wine"

Posts: 1023 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2006 Paolo Conterno Barolo Riva del Bric

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6589 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
buying these from grapetherapy.

thanks GT!

Dom. Lambrays 05
Ken Wright Carter 08
Ken Wright McCrone 06
Dominus 97
Dominus 99
PeterMichael Les Pavots 04
Peter Michael Les Pavots 05
Plumpjack Cab 01 (2 bottles)
Shafer Hillside Select 1999
St Clement 1997
Von Strasser 1997

Posts: 913 | Location: SW CT | Registered: Feb 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fcs:
buying these from grapetherapy.

thanks GT!

PeterMichael Les Pavots 04
Peter Michael Les Pavots 05

ooh jealous. Les Pavots from Peter Michael. Excellent wines. Very bordeaux-like but with some American flair to it as well.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6589 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Marques de Casa Concha Cabernet Sauvignon x 3

NV Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top x 2

Posts: 1867 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by khmark7:

What did you think of it? I found impressive for a relative entry level Champagne, albeit from a great winery.

This is my first purchase from Philipponnat, and I haven't opened it yet. Don't know, but I might open it this weekend for my sister-in-law's 40th birthday.

Posts: 2205 | Location: Chicago Suburbs | Registered: Oct 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fcs:

Shafer Hillside Select 1999

I had one last month, and it was awesome. Showed to still have about 2-5 years of gaining complexity, and over a decade of good drinking ahead of it.

Ryan

Posts: 1001 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Jan 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post