WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    Chicago 3/28- Mike Smith winemaker's dinner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago 3/28- Mike Smith winemaker's dinner
 Login/Join 
posted
Mike Smith will be in town Thursday, March 28 for a winemaker's reception at Gibson's. Looks like they'll be pouring a few of his wines. $30/person seems very reasonable (doubt this includes dinner...likely just hors d'oeuvres and wine).

Anybody in Chicago planning on attending? My wife and I are in.

Posts: 894 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any lover of California wines that lives within 100 miles of this place would be well served to go. His Syrahs and Cabernets are awesome.

www.budbreak.blogspot.com
www.clonyc.com

Posts: 849 | Registered: Jan 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike p:
Any lover of California wines...

Therefore I will be the only board member in attendance Wink

Posts: 894 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EB Wine:
quote:
Originally posted by mike p:
Any lover of California wines...

Therefore I will be the only board member in attendance Wink

Big Grin

Posts: 5521 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's a great guy and you'll have some of the best wines in Napa.

Posts: 1566 | Registered: Nov 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody else attending?