WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Last night:
2008 Petrolo Torrione
2004 Le Petit Cheval
1996 Leoville Barton

Posts: 209 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Anthill-Comptche Ridge Pinot

Posts: 3613 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Canuck:
quote:

NON-BLIND
2000 Chateau du Tetre Margaux

BLIND
2006 Chateau Smith Haut Lafite

How did these show?

The '00 du Tetre was one of my three non-blind WOTN - an awesome mix of peppercorn, and silky plum, chocolate, raspberry. Very classy, and still young.

The '06 SHL was closed up at first, but improved as the night went on. Sappy red fruit, good, but not amazing.

Cheers!

Posts: 2882 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BRR:
2007 Andrew Will Ciel du Cheval
/QUOTE]

Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

This was the very first blind wine tasted, and it could've used more time. Stiff tannins, chalky cherry notes, herb notes, raspberry. I rated it a 90, but it's too young IMO.

Cheers!

Posts: 2882 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 Bouchard Pere et Fils Chevalier Montrachet.

Posts: 9380 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Rudius Grenache

Posts: 1107 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Novy Family Wines Pinot Noir Blanc de Noir.

Posts: 3546 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Dacalier De La Terre

Posts: 278 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Moillard Les Greves

Posts: 1042 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1997 Mount Eden Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Old Vine Reserve.

"You can never get enough of what you don't really need to make you happy." -- Eric Hoffer

Posts: 1111 | Location: San Diego CA | Registered: May 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Offline with xhoser and JAR

2002 Littorai Chardonnay Charles Heintz Vineyard
2006 Littorai Pinot Noir (don't remember vineyard)
2009 Sea Smoke Pinot Noir Southing (Grand Cru)
1991 Paradigm Cabernet Sauvignon
1993 Paradigm Cabernet Sauvignon
2005 Chateau Pontet-Canet
2006 Chateau Myrat

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2008 Pisoni Pinot Noir Estate

Posts: 3613 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Château Fougas Maldoror Côtes-de-Bourg

Bold / smokey / oaky / dark fruity kind of Bordeaux. I am really a left bank type of guy...

Posts: 803 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:

2006 Chateau Myrat

Did the Pontet show Bordeaux-style potential?

Posts: 1563 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, Vino Bevo. I understand we killed four bottles of wine Monday night together.

Are you going to post the four said bottles along with the glass of primer wine beforehand, or are you simply going to blow into Bevo's ear? Big Grin

Posts: 29999 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2002 Chateau d'Armailhac

Posts: 3034 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
quote:

2006 Chateau Myrat

Did the Pontet show Bordeaux-style potential?
It was a whole lot more open than I expected, but I'm no Bordeaux expert. We barely drank 1/4 of the bottle and JAR planned to follow it over several days. He can chime in.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

2006 Chateau Myrat
how were the Littorai's showing?

Posts: 6417 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:

2006 Chateau Myrat
how were the Littorai's showing?

I think the Pinot (Roman Vineyard) needs more time. The chard was fine but I think my preference is for a younger, crisper style. I am going to hold my other 06 pinots for a few another 3-5 years before checking back in.

Posts: 2541 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Andre Brunel Cotes du Rhone-Villages Cuvee Sabrine
2006 Chateau Guiraud Sauternes

Posts: 2541 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Okay, Vino Bevo. I understand we killed four bottles of wine Monday night together.

Are you going to post the four said bottles along with the glass of primer wine beforehand, or are you simply going to blow into Bevo's ear? Big Grin

It was an odd night because the white and champagne were ordered before I arrived, and by the time the Priorat showed up as a suggestion I was enjoying the conversation so much I failed to note the label. Sad, because I thought it was excellent. The Le Volte is the only bottle I'm sure of.

Saying that makes it sound like the wits were gone, but this wasnt the case. Again, it was "odd" because for some reason I didn't pay close attention! Frown Red Face

It was, however, a great night!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vino Bevo,

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1913 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Dusky Goose Pinot Noir Dundee Hills

posted Hide Post
2010 Georges Dubœuf Fleurie - nothing to write home about, but it paired fairly well with a red wine braised pork chop.

Posts: 3546 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight, my last bottle of '97 Tignanello and a Paul Hobbs 2010 Chardonnay

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5592 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For valentine's dinner with neighbors:

J 20 sparkling
2006 Turley Cedarman - best wine I have had year to date

Posts: 228 | Registered: Jun 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post