Sounds about right for a Thursday night. Or a Friday morning.....
W&A, what is your window on the Les Granits Blanc? I don't have experience with this wine but have purchased some 2010 and wondering how long I should let them sleep?
2001 Henschke Mt Edelstone Shiraz
Enjoyed with lunch today.
2002 Morey Mantrachet Le Truffiere
mangiare, I have not tried the '10 so should not offer advice. FWIW, I tend to enjoy Les Granits within the first 5 years of release, and always before their tenth year, I think.
I have not found they close down like their bigger brothers.
I would love to hear how the wine is showing when you open.
2010 Marques de Casa Concha Cabernet-Sauvignon Valle del Maipo, Puente Alto
A very good CS from Chile...
2007 Raspail-Ay Gigondas.
2007 Hugel Les Amours Pinot Blanc.
I don't have any of this, but I'm curious how you think it's drinking at this young stage.
Took over an hour for the stank to blow off, and after 3+ hours drinking very nicely. Young.
- 2010 Shannon Ridge High Elevation Cab Sauv.
* Audrey wasn't kidding. This is very nice stuff.
2010 Januik Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard
Nv Veuve Cliquot
08 Ketcham Ketcham Vineyard Pinot
09 AP Vin Rosellas
03 Mocalli Brunello Reserva
2009 Ramey Chardonnay Hudson Vineyard
2007 Peter Michael Pinot Noir Le Caprice
1990 Château La Louvière
1991 Mondavi Reserve
2003 Alvaro Palacios Les Terrasses (magnum)
2009 Andre Brunel Cotes du Rhone Villages Cuvee Sabrine
2010 Domaine de la Tourade Gigondas
2008 Domaine du Cayron Gigondas
2010 Lavan Gigondas
2007 E. Guigal Gigondas
2009 E. Guigal Gigondas
2010 Domaine Santa Duc Gigondas
2009 Domaine Santa Duc Gigondas Cuvee Prestige des Haute Garriques
2004 SA Prum Mosel-Saar-Ruwer Riesling Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese
Tasting Notes posted
Last night with OTW, Vinojoe, and friends at the Granite Club:
2006 Ramey Hyde Vineyard Chardonnay
2006 Mt Eden Chard
2010 Barnett Sangiacomo Vineyard Chardonnay, Carneros
2009 Rodney Strong Russian River Chardonnay
2010 Bewer Clifton Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir
2005 Rochiolo Little Hill Pinot Noir, Russian River
2002 Shafer Relentless
2001 Shafer Insignia
1999 Verite La Joie
2000 RDM Merlot Icewine
2008 Tawse Cabernet Icewine
Votes were split between the Insignia and Verite for WOTN. The Verite was more expressive but with a bit of funk. The Relentless, Insignia and Verite were all stunning and paired really well with the perfectly cooked rare lamb.
The Insignia was very well integrated, balanced, and smooth.
Surprise Chard was the Barnett, which seemed light on the nose but was extremely rich and unctuous on the palate, reminiscent of viognier.
Both Pinots were excellent and more Burgundian in character than 'new world'.
The Merlot Icewine was disappointing compared to other RDM icewines and other older Icewines. It was dark and seemed a bit cooked or past it - port like with a backbone of cherry. The Tawse was excellent with cooked/stewed strawberry flavours.
Last night with VanCityWino and his lady, over some outstanding Japanese food:
- NV Larmandier-Bernier Champagne 1er Cru Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs -- apple, citrus, mineral, long finish, after the initially overactive mousse settled down this was excellent
- 2009 Dom. Fevre Chablis 1er Vaulorent -- lots of green apple, peach, bit of citrus, a bit tight, even for a ripe vintage seems just a bit on the sweet side, a little disconcerting
- 2001 Leeuwin Estate Chardonnay Art Series -- yowza! big nose of fruit and flowers, in the mouth big fruit, dense apple, pineapple, peach, mineral, honey, buttery/creamy with excellent balancing acidity, very long finish, a great wine, and I was a bit sorry to drink this last bottle of my small stash
- and a bottle of outstanding Sake, Hitosuji Jungin Black Junmai Ginjo, delicate and floral, sage and light roasted nut flavours, long finish
Leeuwin Art Series is an excellent chardonnay. Never had one with that much age though. Sounds great.
2001 Bouchard Père et Fils Corton-Le Corton
Excellent indeed, and very hard to find in our market the last couple of years.
2001 J.J.Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese today with lunch.
|Powered by Social Strata||Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22|