WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2009 Giacosa Nebbiolo d'Alba Valmaggiore
2006 Peter Michael Mon Plaisir
2006 Peter Michael Belle Cote

Posts: 142 | Registered: Aug 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of late:
2011 Verterra Winery Chaos White Cuvee
2003 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric dël Fiasc
2011 Lorenzo Costantini Massarosa Frascati Superiore DOC
2008 Barnard Griffin Vintage Red
2011 Elk Cove Vineyards Pinot Noir Olenik Vineyard

Posts: 3341 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Château La Fleur de Boüard
2001 Palmaz Cabernet
2004 La Basseta Priorat

Posts: 2326 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
2001 Palmaz Cabernet

What did you think of this?
It was the last vintage made by Randy Dunn and the style since '01 has been markedly different.
I actually prefer the wines from '02 on and when you go back and taste the '01, it is a completely different wine from current day Palmaz.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bordeaux4Wino:
quote:
2001 Palmaz Cabernet

It was the last vintage made by Randy Dunn and the style since '01 has been markedly different.
I actually prefer the wines from '02 on and when you go back and taste the '01, it is a completely different wine from current day Palmaz.

Did not think much of it just a solid california cab. My first time trying Palmaz wines so I can't tell if the style has changed.

The owner however is a remarkable scientist, inventor, entrepreneur who is credited with the invention of the stents used to treat aneurysms and other vascular problems including coronary artery disease.

Posts: 2326 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
2000 Château La Fleur de Boüard

I was given a bottle of this ( OU - Texas) game.

How was it?

Posts: 30394 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Cape d'Estaing Kangaroo Island Shiraz- a great reminder of why I no longer buy Shiraz and haven't for years.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 37147 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
07 Frescobaldi Castiglioni
09 Bastioni Chianti Classico

Both excellent at Dei Frescobaldi on South Beach. Highly recommended

Posts: 6097 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wine group will be getting together tomorrow night at my place. Serving cheeses and bread, crabbed-stull mushrooms, pork roast in mushroom sauce, egg noodles, and green beans, bacon and onions. Unless any last minute changes, wines will be:

2004 Wittmann Westhofener Morstein Riesling Spatlese
2003 Robert Jayer-Gilles Bourgogne Haut Cotes de Beaune
2005 Pali Wine Co. Cargasacchi Jalama Vineyard Pinot Noir
2005 MacPhail, Sonoma Coast, Pratt Vineyard Pinot Noir (MAGNUM)
2008 Torii Mor Willamette Valley
2008 Bergstrom Cumberland Reserve

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2849 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night: 1996 Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve

Posts: 218 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:

How enjoyable was it?

Posts: 5204 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
quote:
Originally posted by Bordeaux4Wino:
quote:
2001 Palmaz Cabernet

Did not think much of it just a solid california cab. My first time trying Palmaz wines so I can't tell if the style has changed.

The owner however is a remarkable scientist, inventor, entrepreneur who is credited with the invention of the stents used to treat aneurysms and other vascular problems including coronary artery disease.

Yeah, I knew that about the owner and my father has one of those stents in his chest!! So, it was pretty cool that we did an event with some people from Palmaz last year. As a result I was able to sample a vertical of pretty much the last decade. There bottlings after '01 are more impressive, IMHO anyway...

posted Hide Post
2010 A.J. Adam Piesporter Goldtroepfchen Riesling Feinherb.

Outstanding!

Posts: 825 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
quote:
Originally posted by Jonanator:

How enjoyable was it?

This was very enjoyable. Nose of cassis, licorice, anise and dark berries that were consistent with the palette. Tannins felt nicely integrated. I can't see this getting much better with time. I have 2 or 3 bottles left that I plan to drink over the next year or two, no sense in waiting any longer. I popped and poured it and it continued to improve in the glass over the next 3 hours.

Posts: 218 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Loosen Ürziger Würzgarten Riesling Kabinett 2002

Posts: 594 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a pretty nice lunch with some friends today:

2010 William Fèvre Chablis Premier Cru Montée de Tonnerre
1966 Mommessin Clos de Tart Banana
1993 Klein Constantia Vin de Constance

No need for wine tonight Smile

Posts: 918 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Chapoutier l'Ermite Blanc

Posts: 30394 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Xavier Cuvee Anonyme CdP
2009 Xavier Cuvee Anonyme CdP

Posts: 3745 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Dom perignon rose
2009 chapoutier Le meal blanc
1982 la lagune

Posts: 1306 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: Feb 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Francois Villard Mairlant

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5865 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
2000 Chapoutier l'Ermite Blanc

I've really enjoyed these wines, although its only been the Le Meal and l'Oree. I'm looking forward to a visit at the winery this summer. I'm hoping to try both the l'ermite bottlings.

How is the 2000 drinking. I picked up a few 2003 Le Meal the other day and thinking about the blanc as well.

Posts: 1119 | Location: Gig Harbor, WA | Registered: Apr 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2001 Dominus

Posts: 64 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jan 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2004 Betz Pere de Famille

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1141 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1982 Cos D'Estournel
1996 Lafon Rochet
2007 Reif Estate TBA Reisling

Posts: 1976 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1992 Dominus - a beautiful showing once again. Paired nicely with grilled filet mignon.

Posts: 2569 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post