WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Tonight a 2009 Domaine Eden Chardonnay with a potato and leek soup. Followed by a 2001 Pirramimma Shiraz with roasted lamb. The Pirammima took 3+ hours to open up, but when it blossomed, it was excellent.

Good to know that I can still hold onto the 2001 Pirramimma I have in the cellar has more life in it.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Cedar Creek Platinum Meritage - this lived up to its billing, very nice wine from the Okanagan.

Posts: 5130 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Feb 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1999 La Poderina

(paired with Tuscan Beef Stew & Polenta)

Posts: 15520 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
1999 La Poderina

How was this? I still have 2 in the cellar.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5726 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2006 Domaine Joblot La Servoisine Givry 1er Cru

Posts: 873 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled calamari, shrimp and rainbow trout today for lunch with friends before the game.

Pulled 11 bottle of wine including, Clos Mogador Nelin White, Rueda Ossian Verdejo, Jorge Ordonez Malaga Moscatel, Curran Garnacha Blanc, Paacios As Sortes Godello, Getariako Txakolina and Tempestad Godello.

Posts: 30121 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Kooyong, Chardonnay, Mornington Estate

Posts: 10103 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1994 Beaux Freres Pinot Noir Beaux Freres Vineyard
1998 Beaux Freres Pinot Noir Beaux Freres Vineyard

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1998 Smith Haut Lafitte

Posts: 5135 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:

How did these show?

Posts: 1561 | Location: Murrieta, CA | Registered: Mar 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
08 Stefania Santa Cruz Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon

Posts: 886 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2010 Bouchard Meursault
2008 Kosta Browne Russian River Valley

Posts: 999 | Location: Montreal, Qc | Registered: Dec 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
Stefania Haut tubee 2010. Very acidic,tart berries, sour and a lingering bitterness that reminded me of maracuya (passion fruit). The syrah is evident given a touch of spice but definitely can't taste cab in the blend. Disappointing and too tart even with food. This was very opaque, i am wondering if i had an off bottle.

We had one of these tonight and I agree with your assessment. It also smelled like sweet kool-aid. This was the first Stefania that I haven't really enjoyed - the 4 of us who had it actually disliked it quite a bit. I hope it changes dramatically with time in the bottle, but not sure. Confused

Posts: 5468 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
Stefania Haut tubee 2010. Very acidic,tart berries, sour and a lingering bitterness that reminded me of maracuya (passion fruit). The syrah is evident given a touch of spice but definitely can't taste cab in the blend. Disappointing and too tart even with food. This was very opaque, i am wondering if i had an off bottle.

We had one of these tonight and I agree with your assessment. It also smelled like sweet kool-aid. This was the first Stefania that I haven't really enjoyed - the 4 of us who had it actually disliked it quite a bit. I hope it changes dramatically with time in the bottle, but not sure. Confused

I think it needs time in the bottle. Usually this wine is showing well right away, but the 2010 seems to have some high acidity. I had a couple, but am leaving the rest alone for 4 - 6 months.

On the other hand, the "Nueva Casa de los Padres" is drinking very nicely right now...

Posts: 4982 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For my wife's birthday on Saturday at Ici Bistro

Jean Milan Blanc de Blancs Special
1990 Leoville Poyferre Bow

Posts: 1667 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jorge, I hope you are right on the Haut Tubee. And I agree about the Nueva Casa; we had one on New Year's Eve and it was excellent.

Posts: 5468 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigfoot003:

How did these show?

The 94 was phenomenal, amazing, <insert you favorite superlative here>.

I've had a significant # of 98's and while this one was good, it did not measure up to what this wine normally is - I think this particular bottle was ever-so-slightly off. But it was still pretty darn good.

This was the first time I've had the 2 side-by-side. The 94 was my clear favorite.

Now to decide when the 92's get opened? Cool

In the United States, anyone can be President. That's the problem!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Mar 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Jorge, I hope you are right on the Haut Tubee. And I agree about the Nueva Casa; we had one on New Year's Eve and it was excellent.

I also hope jorge is right about the Haut Tubee, and I'll let my other 4 bottles rest a bit. I've had a couple of the 2010, and they were consistent with what you and others have mentioned.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Nueva Casa at this point, though. It wasn't showing much at all for me. I'll see what some time does to that one as well.

Posts: 3223 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Trespass Cabernet Sauvignon

Posts: 2188 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the last 3-4 days:

2010 Foxen Pinot Noir Block 8 Bien Nacido Vineyard
2004 J. Rochioli Pinot Noir Little Hill
2007 Peter Michael Chardonnay Ma Belle-Fille
2008 Cobb Pinot Noir Rice-Spivak
Peter Michael and Rochioli were special.

Posts: 3663 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Mas d'en Compte Priorat Blanco

Posts: 5962 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:

How was this?

Posts: 10103 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:

How was this?

Excellent. Complex. Went well with a wide assortment of food.

Posts: 5962 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the weekend

2009 Mas de Boislauzon CDP
2009 Kosta Browne RRV Pinot
2009 Betz La Serenne Syrah
2008 Gary Farrell Bradford Mtn Zin
2010 Siduri Chehalem Mts Pinot

www.mywinelist.net

Posts: 199 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Nov 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:

How was this?

Excellent. Complex. Went well with a wide assortment of food.

Based on that, I ordered some. Thanks...thanks a lot. I need to buy more wine. Wink