WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
February 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
With MiamiAtty and his wife last night - all France line-up:

NV Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Inflorescence Blanc de Noirs
2008 Clos du Moulin aux Moines Auxey-Duresses
2002 Ch. Haut-Brion
2005 Carmes de Rieussec

All showed well, nice Tuesday. The Bouchard was FKG and my wine of the night. Really good.
 
Posts: 5545 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2007 Kistler Chardonnay Hudson Vineyard
 
Posts: 3546 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
With MiamiAtty and his wife last night - all France line-up:

NV Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Inflorescence Blanc de Noirs
2008 Clos du Moulin aux Moines Auxey-Duresses
2002 Ch. Haut-Brion
2005 Carmes de Rieussec

All showed well, nice Tuesday. The Bouchard was FKG and my wine of the night. Really good.


well done, kids. well done.
 
Posts: 4318 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2001 Domaine Huet Vouvray Le Haut Lieu Sec
2006 Albert Boxler Riesling Brand
1996 Thomas Fogarty Pinot Noir Santa Cruz Mountains
A 1996 Barolo en magnum whose name I didn't jot down
 
Posts: 4318 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:


Indeed a great evening of fine company, food, and drink.

NV Jean Milan Cuvee de Reserve

2003 Domaine Dujac Morey-Saint-Denis White Burgundy

2002 Vincent Girardin Chambertin Grand Cru Red Burgundy

2007 Royal Tokaji Red Label (500ML)

Greatly enjoyed the wine and the great conversation!


Enjoyed the evening as well.
 
Posts: 29542 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Went to our local Japanese restaurant last night. Tuesdays is "half-off" bottles of wine night. I was hoping to repeat the 1/2-off price of the Roederer NV which was on the list at $60.

Alas, all good things must come to an end. The Roederer is out of stock, and they do not intend to continue it. Frown
We had to settle for a 2005 Domaine Carneros, and a 2010 Cakebread Chard. The Domaine Carneros was pretty good, not to the level of Roederer, but better than expected. The Cakebread was fruity, oaky, buttery, typical California Chard.


Stay thirsty my friends.
 
Posts: 2886 | Location: Saginaw, MI | Registered: Mar 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
1996 Château Léoville Barton


How was this one?
 
Posts: 1592 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
1996 Château Léoville Barton


How was this one?


I had one a couple weeks ago and it was drinking very well.
 
Posts: 205 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinCentric:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaferguy91:
1996 Château Léoville Barton


How was this one?


Decanted 2.5 hours. Very good. SG92
 
Posts: 3546 | Location: Germantown TN | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2008 Groth Reserve Cabernet Oakville.
 
Posts: 9274 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:


Indeed a great evening of fine company, food, and drink.

NV Jean Milan Cuvee de Reserve

2003 Domaine Dujac Morey-Saint-Denis White Burgundy

2002 Vincent Girardin Chambertin Grand Cru Red Burgundy

2007 Royal Tokaji Red Label (500ML)

Greatly enjoyed the wine and the great conversation!


Enjoyed the evening as well.


It always a pleasure seeing both of you. It was a very enjoyable evening.

Nolan: you and Angela were missed!
 
Posts: 270 | Location: Kemah, Texas 77565 (Houston Suburb) | Registered: Dec 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2003 Guigal St-Joseph.

Not as good as previous bottles...
 
Posts: 740 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2010 Neely Holly's Cuvee Chardonnay- excellent!


Just one more sip.
 
Posts: 36408 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2007 Feather
 
Posts: 61 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jan 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Last night with Darcy and VinT:

2011 Domaine La Roquete Chateauneuf-du-Pape Blanc Clos La Roquete
2010 Sottimano Barbera d'Alba Pairolero
2010 Abbona Barbera d'Alba Rinaldi
1998 Torres Cabernet Sauvignon Mas La Plana
2003 Masciarelli Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva Villa Gemma

I made a bunch of pizzas using dough from '00' flour to go with:

Hot Italian sausage, rapini, mozzarella, olive oil
Roasted fennel, arugula, mozzarella di bufala, lemon zest, shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, olive oil
Csabai, mushrooms, Cerignola olives, mozzarella, homemade tomato sauce

Pretty awesome Wednesday night.



______________________________________
Blog: http://www.cellarandtable.com
 
Posts: 10693 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2011 Arnot-Roberts Pinot Noir Peter Martin Ray Vineyard - Nice wine, but for the price I think there are better choices out there.
 
Posts: 6225 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2007 Poderi Aldo Conterno Barbera d'Alba Conca Tre Pile
2010 Paul Garaudet Bourgogne
2006 Hyde De Villaine Belle Cousine
 
Posts: 205 | Location: Canada | Registered: Aug 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
Last night with Darcy and VinT:

2011 Domaine La Roquete Chateauneuf-du-Pape Blanc Clos La Roquete
2010 Sottimano Barbera d'Alba Pairolero
2010 Abbona Barbera d'Alba Rinaldi
1998 Torres Cabernet Sauvignon Mas La Plana
2003 Masciarelli Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva Villa Gemma

I made a bunch of pizzas using dough from '00' flour to go with:

Hot Italian sausage, rapini, mozzarella, olive oil
Roasted fennel, arugula, mozzarella di bufala, lemon zest, shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, olive oil
Csabai, mushrooms, Cerignola olives, mozzarella, homemade tomato sauce

Pretty awesome Wednesday night.


Best pizza I've ever experienced. Bravo, fut.

I was really struck by how very drinkable the Abbona Barbera was. The La Roquete white CdP was also very nice with that brilliant aroma of burnt sugar and tropical fruit but finishing dry.

I can't wait for the grand opening of Futronic Pizzaria.
 
Posts: 2487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:
2003 Guigal St-Joseph.

Not as good as previous bottles...


Could be the vintage rearing it's early aging head. I had 2003 Vincent Paris Cornas (Granit 30 and Granit 60)- dead in 2012 (delicious in 2010). Last week I had a 2003 Yves Gangloff Cote Rotie La Barbarine - dark, medicinal, cooked - done.
 
Posts: 1592 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2005 Nicolas Catena Cabernet-Malbec. Popped this morning and let sit in the cellar. Diner out tonight with the Mrs. Wink


Going where the water tastes like wine
 
Posts: 655 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Jul 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:

Best pizza I've ever experienced. Bravo, fut.

I was really struck by how very drinkable the Abbona Barbera was. The La Roquete white CdP was also very nice with that brilliant aroma of burnt sugar and tropical fruit but finishing dry.

I can't wait for the grand opening of Futronic Pizzaria.


Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed them.

I agree that the Abbona is really tasty and the La Roquete was delicious also. Might have to order some from VSO. The Torres Cab was drinking well also.

Love the Sottimano Barbera, and it's a wine that will get better with some age.



______________________________________
Blog: http://www.cellarandtable.com
 
Posts: 10693 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
At lunch today:

2010 KB Gaps Crown pinot
2009 Freemark Abbey Cab (good with food)
2009 Freemark Abbey Merlot (ok)
2005 Freemark Abbey Cab Bosche cab (good +)
2009 Mt Brave Cab Mt Veeder (winner)

We brought the KB. The rest were brought by local distributors to my favorite local restaurant and they trust me to taste for them (see lent). Yes, my life sucks!

The Mt Brave wine was spectacular and the best of the day... Winner
 
Posts: 474 | Location: Morgan Hill, CA | Registered: Jun 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2012 Canto Pedrix Tavel.
 
Posts: 9274 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2011 Chappellet Chenin Blanc

Yum!


________________________
If you're young and conservative, you have no heart. If you're old and liberal, you have no brain.

Apostrophes don't make things plural.
 
Posts: 2930 | Location: Houston | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
2010 Pio Cesare Barbera d'Alba
 
Posts: 1485 | Location: Pacific Palisades, CA | Registered: Feb 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22  
 

WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013: What are you drinking?

© Wine Spectator 2013