WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wine Conversations    February 2013: What are you drinking?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013: What are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted
2011 Domaine Mandeville, Viognier, pay d'oc
Some 2011 rioja rose with Thai food last night

Posts: 1076 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At lunch today. 2004 Macel Moineaux BdB Grand Cru.

Excellent bottle of wine.

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Massolino, Barolo, Parafada

Posts: 10033 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Trimbach Riesling.

Posts: 9404 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Clos des Papes CdP

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5665 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is it, Dok? I hope it's as good as the 2003 Le Vieux Donjon we had last night.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Board-O: Though I cannot comment on how it compared to your V-D last night, my wife and I loved this wine. Dark purple and lovely bouquet as it was decanted. Kirsh, cherry, raspberry and a hint of sous bois. Licorice as it enjoyed the fresh air. Repeats on the palate with elegance and silky smooth tannins. Finally, a bottle I've opened in the last 3 weeks that lived up to the hype. Drink now or hold 5 more years.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5665 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2011 La Marea Spur Ranch Grenache from San Benito CA

the lady rarely says "wow" (when drinking wine, anyway Wink), and she absolutely loved this.

Ian Brand is making excellent wine, and it's all available at very reasonable prices. I hope he can get the business-side of his venture running smoothly so his wines become more accessible.

Posts: 4888 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Foreign Affairs Temptress 2008

X-mas present

Posts: 253 | Location: Burlington, Ontario | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stefania Haut tubee 2010. Very acidic,tart berries, sour and a lingering bitterness that reminded me of maracuya (passion fruit). The syrah is evident given a touch of spice but definitely can't taste cab in the blend. Disappointing and too tart even with food. This was very opaque, i am wondering if i had an off bottle.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1549 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2000 Bibbiani “Pulignano" Sangiovese
2010 Il Poggione Rosso di Montalcino

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1933 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At dinner tonight:

NV Taittinger Champagne La Française Brut
2009 Kutch Pinot Noir Anderson Valley

Posts: 3572 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Georges Dubœuf Fleurie Domaine des Quatre Vents
2011 Villa Farnia di Farnese Montepulciano d'Abruzzo

Posts: 6288 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 De Trafford, Shiraz, Blueprint

Posts: 10033 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Belle Glos Clark & Telephone- plush and smooth.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2002 Domaine E. Sauzet Montrachet Les Perrieres 1er Cru

1996 Domaine Serafin Le Fonteny Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru

Posts: 30040 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Board-O: Though I cannot comment on how it compared to your V-D last night, my wife and I loved this wine. Dark purple and lovely bouquet as it was decanted. Kirsh, cherry, raspberry and a hint of sous bois. Licorice as it enjoyed the fresh air. Repeats on the palate with elegance and silky smooth tannins. Finally, a bottle I've opened in the last 3 weeks that lived up to the hype. Drink now or hold 5 more years.

Seems like 2003 may be a great vintage.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 tour de by
2004 change cigale cdp
2010 anthill syrah Sonoma
2010 el Nido Clio

Posts: 1493 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2007 Berardo Castello di Bossi Riserva Chianti Classico

Posts: 841 | Location: Montréal, Canada | Registered: Dec 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Ancien Pinot Noir Carneros

Posts: 8 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: Feb 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St. Urbans-Hof Riesling Kabinett Piesporter Goldtröpfchen 2005

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Clos Mogador Nelin White Priorat with lunch today.

posted Hide Post
1996 Chateau Montelena Estate Cabernet with beef short ribs.

Posts: 34 | Location: Western Suburbs, IL | Registered: Nov 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weingut Lingenfelder Riesling Spatlese Halbrocken 1999

Posts: 581 | Location: Prescott, Ontario | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:

Seems like 2003 may be a great vintage.

Have either of you had an 03 Beaucastel or an idea if it's open for business now?

Posts: 1824 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post