WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    Feb. 2013 lunch - what are you shoveling into your pie-hole?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feb. 2013 lunch - what are you shoveling into your pie-hole?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Colombian today.

I had a "bistec con queso", which is a pretty thinly-sliced cut of top round, cooked on a skillet, and covered with mozzarella cheese.

It included red bean stew, white rice, and tostones (flattened and fried plantains).

Accompanied with an apple-flavored Postobon (soda), and one of the best, frothy, double-espressos I've had.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
apparently tpe dropped by NY on a layover.

went to shake shack for some greasy boigers and shake.

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12387 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
apparently tpe dropped by NY on a layover.

went to shake shack for some greasy boigers and shake.

god bless shake shack.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chiangmai noodle soup, made with shirataki noodles.

The perfect lunch to try to help me get over a cold.

Posts: 6527 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5 Guys. Why do I let myself get talked into going to this place??? At least I didn't eat the fries today.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
5 Guys. Why do I let myself get talked into going to this place??? At least I didn't eat the fries today.

Haha. Finally tried the burger in suburbia Food wasteland. Not bad for a large chain.
To be honest, better than expected.

Posts: 1725 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shawarma and a salad.

Posts: 9488 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Polish sausage with grilled onions and nachos at the United Center. Smile

Posts: 5523 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A dried out turkey sandwich in the US Airways lounge at PHL. Bang

Posts: 2917 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We waited in line for an hour to dine at Mrs. Wilke's in Savannah... It did not disappoint!

Fried chicken, collards, Mac n cheese, pulled pork, sweet corn, yams, biscuits, gravy, squash casserole, cornbread, banana pudding, and blueberry compote.

And now, we drive!

posted Hide Post
Dover Sole Meuniere with capers and prawns.

2002 Morey Montrachet Le Truffiere

Posts: 30286 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Panang

Posts: 30286 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Panang

Yum!

Posts: 15636 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just reserved a table for an alfresco lunch today to enjoy our sunny 70 degree Sunday.

I'm thinking Carne Asada, but may change my mind based on what their fresh fish is for today. Either way, a few ritas will be enjoyed. Cool

posted Hide Post
We'll be heading to Soho Beach House today in Miami Beach for a nice little beachfront brunch Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
We'll be heading to Soho Beach House today in Miami Beach for a nice little beachfront brunch Cool

I tried to get tickets to the Boyd Tinsley concert/movie there last thursday. They could not have been more unhelpful. Their web site doesnt list the shows so I called and they said you have to buy on the website. Thanks for nothing jerks.

Posts: 4611 | Location: Jupiter, Fl | Registered: Mar 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Just reserved a table for an alfresco lunch today to enjoy our sunny 70 degree Sunday.

I'm thinking Carne Asada, but may change my mind based on what their fresh fish is for today. Either way, a few ritas will be enjoyed. Cool

I ended up ordering the grilled shrimp platter with fruit based salsa, and more than one 'Rita.

posted Hide Post
Nearly 55F today in the DC area. Decided to grill skirt steaks (olive oil, parsley, garlic and lime juice brushed marinade), ripe plantains, salvadorean chorizo, and melted mexican cheese topped bellpeppers.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1662 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post