WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    What did you have for lunch?
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you have for lunch?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Don't answer that.

Posts: 1559 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Galette with over easy egg tomatoes potatoes frisée and lardons

Posts: 5867 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
penne arrabiata
saffron risotto
turkey and adn sauted radiccho rolled in pancetta, baked
tiamasu
a macchiatone to finish it off

Posts: 1039 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At local diner burger, fries and slaw.

Posts: 9380 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
California, spicy tuna and shrimp tempura rolls.

Posts: 5365 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sardines

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6248 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomato bisque and a very good Ceasar salad.

PH

Posts: 14946 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Salad platter with tuna salad

Posts: 5867 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled red snapper.

Posts: 29998 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s finally starting to feel a bit like the fall here the last couple of days which means warmer options for lunch! Yesterday was a big bowl of Pho and today an excellent bowl of spicy beef ramen.

Posts: 6413 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pork belly sandwich and hanger steak salad

Posts: 2541 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took at client to Cafe Boulud at the brand new Four Seasons. Personally I thought the restaurant could have been built in 1990. Terracotta plaster walls, really? IMO, the design is poor. Feel like I'm sounding harsh but we are talking about the new "flagship" Four Seasons Hotel???

Service was top notch, food was good to very good. Still can't believe the design.

Posts: 1559 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tuscan beans

Posts: 1798 | Location: Etobicoke (Toronto burb) | Registered: Apr 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on Sunday - porchetta sandwiches, homemade proscuitto, lamb spiducci (i think i may have OD'd on these) and gallons of homemade red wine to wash it all down. In the middle of the street, in the shadows of the Brewster Douglas projects, tailgating for Lions-Pack.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday in Soave for the mercantino,
assorted cured meats, fresh bread
pasta in a tomato base with sausauge, zucchini, and the most flavorful, pungent smoked ricotta I have ever had
Manzo Alla griglia
Strudel di Mele, cheese cake with whipped panna, and tiramasu
Everything was homemade except for the wine, a Classico from Pra, 2011
And, we bought a barrel, French oak, stamped by cooper, very good condition. They make excellent cocktail tables.

Posts: 1039 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday we made tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. Enjoyed on the patio with a Chimay Premiere (red label). Simple, but so satisfying.

Posts: 6413 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mitt Romney arrived at the White House a bit early for his lunch with President Barack Obama..........

The two men dined privately, without their aides in the room. They ate turkey chili and Southwestern chicken salad.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 7090 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They ate turkey chili

BLAHHHHHHHHHH Ack

posted Hide Post
i had choriquezo and a coke.

Posts: 4752 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all sorts of cheeses, house cured meats and pickles; duck offal ragu on egg noodles (better than it sounds) and ricotta gnocchi in pumpkin sauce with fried proscuitto and sage @ Buca. Most interesting was the pickled green strawberries that were awesome. with some massolino dolcetto.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A gracious supplier hosted me at Momofuko Daisho yesterday for lunch in the new Shangrila. It's definitely different and a welcome change for Toronto. No backs or padding on any seating and as much as a liked the playlist(it was good) it was freakin blasted like it was last call. All seating under 4 or maybe 6 is communal - comfort was not the main objective.

The food was very interesting, unique,and technical with some real highs - deep fried Brussels sprouts with crispy rice, chicken wing bun, 5 textures of chocolate with crystallized basil (highlight) but the lows were bordering unedible. Rice cakes were a strange gooey texture and halibut cheeks were crusted in something so granular we joked about breaking our teeth.

Overall, it's a good addition to the Toronto scene and I'm sure they will do great.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
A gracious supplier hosted me at Momofuko Daisho yesterday for lunch in the new Shangrila. It's definitely different and a welcome change for Toronto. No backs or padding on any seating and as much as a liked the playlist(it was good) it was freakin blasted like it was last call. All seating under 4 or maybe 6 is communal - comfort was not the main objective.

The food was very interesting, unique,and technical with some real highs - deep fried Brussels sprouts with crispy rice, chicken wing bun, 5 textures of chocolate with crystallized basil (highlight) but the lows were bordering unedible. Rice cakes were a strange gooey texture and halibut cheeks were crusted in something so granular we joked about breaking our teeth.

Overall, it's a good addition to the Toronto scene and I'm sure they will do great.

interesting. was discussing going earlier this week. if you had to pay - would you go back? or do i save this for when suppliers are in town? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
hey bro,
I actually would go back because of the uniqueness and interesting techniques. I'm not really a chocolate guy but that dessert was real good.
IMO, its the kind of place to go for a casual bite and a few beers.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
Took at client to Cafe Boulud at the brand new Four Seasons. Personally I thought the restaurant could have been built in 1990. Terracotta plaster walls, really? IMO, the design is poor. Feel like I'm sounding harsh but we are talking about the new "flagship" Four Seasons Hotel???

Service was top notch, food was good to very good. Still can't believe the design.

New one? Or revamped Yorkville?

Posts: 1971 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken Korma and saag paneer from the only Indian fast food place in the underground who makes their own naan in a real tandoor.

The Momofuko sounds interesting. It's pretty much across the street so I'm sure I'll try it soon. On a drinking note, the lobby bar at the Shangri-la does bottle service vodka for $75 a bottle which is unbeatable in downtown Toronto...

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2220 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post