WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    What did you have for lunch?
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you have for lunch?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
Took at client to Cafe Boulud at the brand new Four Seasons. Personally I thought the restaurant could have been built in 1990. Terracotta plaster walls, really? IMO, the design is poor. Feel like I'm sounding harsh but we are talking about the new "flagship" Four Seasons Hotel???

the brand new one at Bay and Yorkville...

Service was top notch, food was good to very good. Still can't believe the design.

New one? Or revamped Yorkville?

Posts: 1690 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New England Clam Chowder.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
shake shck burgers

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12229 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I had an extremely decadent weekend in Montreal, I decided to be conservative for lunch today.

At the Alehouse: 3 Dogfish 60 Minute Pale Ales, a Pepperoni, Bacon and Jalapeno Pizza (I only ate half!!) and am baking a small batch of Toll House cookies for later in the day. Winner WTF, there's always tomorrow....

PH

Posts: 15215 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Since I had an extremely decadent weekend in Montreal, I decided to be conservative for lunch today.

At the Alehouse: 3 Dogfish 60 Minute Pale Ales, a Pepperoni, Bacon and Jalapeno Pizza (I only ate half!!) and am baking a small batch of Toll House cookies for later in the day. Winner WTF, there's always tomorrow....

PH

it's good to be king

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12229 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
meeting up with mr. albers

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

posted Hide Post
Chicken wings and salad

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rainbow trout that was perfectly prepared.

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just had a grilled cheese on Italian bread, with Irish butter, English cheddar, Prosciutto di Parma and a touch of Parmigiano-Reggiano, made by my wife of German/French descent in America. Life is good.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled pork back ribs two ways: dry rub and garlicky BBQ sauce, and filet mignon roasted and cut thin. Matched with 89 Sociando Mallet and 06 Mollydooker Blue-eyed Boy, with 1991 Taylor Vargellas for dessert.

A good time was had by all!

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10677 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duck ham, duck egg, endive and aioli.

Short ribs, vanilla & lemon polenta and candied citrus.

Cinnamon toast, bacon and orange.

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
aioli.

Eek

PH

Posts: 15215 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
aioli.

Eek

PH

Egg yolks, never mayonnaise. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
aioli.

Eek

PH

Egg yolks, never mayonnaise. Wink

It's a close relative, which is what prompted my surprise. Although there are aiolis which are made without egg yolk, most are an emulsion of olive oil, egg yolk, fresh garlic and some Dijon. Other than perhaps using a different oil and the addition of mustard and garlic - they're at least kissin' cousins. I'll defer to any serious chefs on this contention........

PH

posted Hide Post
Moroccan octopus & pork jowls
Organic chicken, corn gnocchi and hatch chile consomme.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting. I had:

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10677 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:

Interesting. I had:

Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing

Sounds like moonshine would be the drink of choice.

posted Hide Post
Ack Wink

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

posted Hide Post
Bouillabaisse, enjoyed with NV Gonet Medeville Tradition 1er Cru.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting pairing. I have never thought to have Champagne with bouillabaisse. How was it?

Cheers!

Posts: 8499 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
17hr smoked pork butt sandwiches with coleslaw.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:

Interesting pairing. I have never thought to have Champagne with bouillabaisse. How was it?

It worked well, Seaquam. The restaurant had a rather smallish list.

What would your wine of choice be?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:

It worked well, Seaquam. The restaurant had a rather smallish list.

What would your wine of choice be?

Personally, I like the traditional match with southern French rosé, Bandol or Tavel being my first choices. A good acidic white works well too, so I can see where Champagne could work though, as I wrote, that would not come to me intuitively.

Another food/wine combo to add to my bucket list, I guess. Smile

Cheers!

Posts: 8499 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just came back from Schwartz in Montreal. Had the smoked meat sandwich, poutine, and cole slaw. I have to admit that this is much better than Katz's.

Bravo!

Posts: 3721 | Location: Westchester, NY | Registered: Aug 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Orleans has always had good Vietnamese restaurants but most places used be on the West Bank. After Katrina the number of places opening up in downtown and uptown area multiplied. We had a nice lunch on magazine street that included pho with chicken, Saigon spicy rolls, pork rolls and something else with pork.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post