WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    Super Bowl Food
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Bowl Food
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
VERY low key this year - just my bride and me probably ordering a pizza. Too much going on lately so looking forward to chillin' on the couch and just watching what will hopefully be a great game!

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1971 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sauce-injected and smoked hot wings. And plenty of beer. Big Grin

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
Leaving tomorrow morning for Fla, going for stone crab claws to start with grilled steaks to follow, sides undetermined yet. Opening a Mag of SQN Raven Syrah with steaks (thanks to LBJ and our Bama / ND bet Winner )

Enjoy!

The stone crabs are good this year.

Posts: 6526 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chili, ribs and guac

Posts: 3204 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
beer, wings, beer, burger, beer, nachos, beer

Did I mention beer? Anchor Steam in honor of the winning team.

Posts: 6416 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Home-made pizza and a decent Napa Cab in honor of the 49'ers!

Posts: 13 | Registered: Sep 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pinty's buffalo style wings, nachos and beer. Looks like a theme is developing.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5822 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baltimore style pit beef sandwiches.

Posts: 9485 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to do something to honour the cities of both teams and the host city so I'm doing red beans and rice and pit beef sandwiches. Others are in charge of the San Francisco side of the equation, but I know some sourdough will be involved.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
relaxing at home for the game with chili. Made it today so I hope the flavors amp up a bit...I hope!

Posts: 292 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL | Registered: Nov 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordering pizza tomorrow after a daytime trip to the Field Museum.

Posts: 5521 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just me and the family hanging out at home for the game. We decided to make wings, pigs in a blanket, and guacamole.

Posts: 3290 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's my MIL's birthday so doing a birthday/SB combo today. Wife's aunt and uncle are also coming, as they are down for the season. Having 2-3 in thick ribeyes and lobster tails. Wines still undecided as I will give them some choices and go with what they want.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having 2-3 in thick ribeyes and lobster tails

Damn! All the flights to south Florida are booked solid today! Enjoy the food, family and game.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5822 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Having 2-3 in thick ribeyes and lobster tails

Damn! All the flights to south Florida are booked solid today! Enjoy the food, family and game.

Thanks Dokta. We'd love for you to visit!

Posts: 3100 | Location: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Dec 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beef Bourguignon. The house smells wonderful.

Posts: 3602 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mexican-style queso fundito.

mmmmm....chorizo....

"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Posts: 7659 | Registered: Dec 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that football game TODAY??

Cheers!

Posts: 8581 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We grilled today, including jumbo shrimp, calamari and rainbow trout.

Posts: 30284 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I think PURPLE has put together the following:

* Crab Cakes (in tribute to both teams)
* Buffalo Wings
* Pinwheels
* Berger cookies

All homemade today of course.

Plus the requisite chips and dips, nachos, etc...

We're definitely opening a Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc to go with the crab cakes. A selection of beers will handle the heavy lifting during most of the game. Who knows what else will get opened.

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13638 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:

Same here, TLV! It's effing awesome. Don't care about the game though. Razz

Posts: 10939 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leaving for Florida tomorrow, grabbing some stone crab claws and beers on the way to the house.

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 996 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by futronic:
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:

Same here, TLV! It's effing awesome. Don't care about the game though. Razz

Wow me too. Ina's Garten version. Delicious. A year later. Big Grin

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1657 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have orders from five(5) clients tomorrow. In all total, it's +/- 400lbs/each ribs and chx wings, +/- 200lbs/each Italian beef and sausage; my salads: chopped and capri (both on steroids, not as simple as you would expect), cole-slaw, baked-beens and mac'n'cheese. A whole bunch of corn-bread. Also a stupid huge tiramisu and 100 freaking spring-rolls. I've been up since 9 this morning, I'll get back to bed after the game tomorrow.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
~ I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin'.

Posts: 1578 | Registered: Apr 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dungeness crab legs, spring rolls, wings and veggies with assorted dips.

Posts: 1695 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Apr 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post