WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    What coffee are you drinking?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What coffee are you drinking?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
You must drink one heck of a lot of coffee. Razz

no, 1 travel mug a day .. but it's gotta be good coffee. and none of that flavored stuff.

i get misty-eyed when i see a jar of maxwell house. Wink

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a caffeine addict so I'll bite. I drink Cafe Britt Dark Roast. The beans are freshly ground in a Nespresso Conical burr grinder each morning. MMM good!

I've drank a lot of coffee over the years and this is my favorite. My wife and I get it sent directly from the company in Costa Rica. The coffee is so good I can continue enjoying it even when the cup is cold. I pick up some killer flavors including a cinnamon component that I love.

Posts: 20 | Location: Huntington Beach, CA | Registered: Nov 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve M Zuck:
Cafe Britt Dark Roast.

Sounds nice, SMZ. Which dark roast? Their website shows 7 options.......

PH

Posts: 15162 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
French Roast.

Posts: 9442 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazonia.

posted Hide Post
4-shot Americano from Starbucks after lunch.

Posts: 5471 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first cup of coffee in 10 days, and Starbucks Cafe Verona tasted so darn good! Cool

Posts: 30145 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A medium-bodied brew from Costa Rican beans roasted by Two Brothers Brewing, ground at home.

Posts: 5471 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
My first cup of coffee in 10 days, and Starbucks Cafe Verona tasted so darn good! Cool

10 Days!! Thats will power! Starbucks french roast, ground at home.

Posts: 292 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL | Registered: Nov 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peet's Uzuri African Blend - Really nice.

Posts: 8725 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sumatra

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
Sumatra

+1

Posts: 2025 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jan 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Sumatra

+1

+2

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36847 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A light roast from costa rica at the local hipster coffee shop near my office. Perfect on a rainy day.

Posts: 6518 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huehuetenango.

PH

Posts: 15162 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Sumatra

+1

+2

I had this as well today here at my hotel, but not as good as normal.

Posts: 30145 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kona, Blue Horse. Easily my favorite coffee, can't get enough.

"This is the strangest life I've ever known."

Posts: 1357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: Nov 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time to re-load so just picked up Kenya AA

Posts: 15529 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After wasting some time trying to find them in Starbucks outlets, I finally ordered some of the Starbucks reserve coffees online. These are small-production and sometimes rare beans. They arrived Friday. I bought

- Nicaragua Maracaturra
- Ethiopia Sidamo Sun-dried
- Sumatra Rasuna Sun-dried

I ground some of the Nicaraguan this morning, and it is aromatic-- almost floral-- and delicious. Friends, if the other coffees are as good or better than this one, then I would highly recommend you giving some of them a try. I will report on the others as I open them over the next few weeks.

Cheers!

Posts: 8457 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoining coffee ( #3) recently from one of my very favorite coffee barista in the world, Caffe Terzi, Bologna.

posted Hide Post
A co-worker of my wife just came back from Vietnam and gave her a bag of "weasel coffee" which is produced by the palm civet eating and excreting the beans. She gave it to me (non coffee drinker) and I have not yet tried. Has anyone else tasted this?

"When I drink, I think; and when I think, I drink." Francois Rabelais

Posts: 3541 | Location: Oakland, CA | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanglenet:
.... Has anyone else tasted this?

I've had the Indonesian version, Kopi Luwak. Interesting as an oddity, but not really great coffee.

PH

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by tanglenet:
.... Has anyone else tasted this?

I've had the Indonesian version, Kopi Luwak. Interesting as an oddity, but not really great coffee.

PH

Thanks! Maybe I'll re-gift it!

"When I drink, I think; and when I think, I drink." Francois Rabelais

Posts: 3541 | Location: Oakland, CA | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peet's Garuda blend - very, very nice.

Cheers!

Posts: 2900 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
After wasting some time trying to find them in Starbucks outlets, I finally ordered some of the Starbucks reserve coffees online. These are small-production and sometimes rare beans. They arrived Friday. I bought

- Nicaragua Maracaturra
- Ethiopia Sidamo Sun-dried
- Sumatra Rasuna Sun-dried

I ground some of the Nicaraguan this morning, and it is aromatic-- almost floral-- and delicious. Friends, if the other coffees are as good or better than this one, then I would highly recommend you giving some of them a try. I will report on the others as I open them over the next few weeks.

Ground some Ethiopian Sidamo this morning for the first time. Very aromatic with almost a dried tobacco note on the nose, and in the mouth a lot of dark chocolate and slightly peppery on the finish. Fabulous coffee, even better than the Nicaraguan. I think these first two are definitely worth the price.

Cheers!

Posts: 8457 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post