WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    persian food wine match?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

persian food wine match?
 Login/Join 
posted
going to a Persian restaurant tomorrow night. It's a BYOB place. There is a chicken dish with lemons, and one where the chicken is stuffed with dates or figs.
Food is a little spicy, but certainly not hot. Mediterranean type appetizers--hummus, etc.
Wine matches?

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 8505 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are loads of Persian restaurants near me. I'm not a big fan, but figure on the same wines you'd take to a Greek restaurant. The cuisine features earthy flavors and there's rice in many of the dishes. Don't expect finesse.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 41950 | Location: FL | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stick to Pinot Noir and southwest France or mediterranean countries for good wine matches. Any wines with a good level of acidity will do well with these foods. I think you'll have fun, which is what's its all about, right?

Great wine requires a mad man to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make it, and a lover to drink it. - Salvador Dali

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 7657 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking Spanish. Maybe I have a Cahors in the cellar somewhere.

99% of lawyers give the rest of us a bad name.

Posts: 8505 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: Feb 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
I'm thinking Spanish. Maybe I
have a Cahors in the cellar somewhere.

Yeah.I was thinking of that too. A young rioja will cut through anything!! Big Grin

Great wine requires a mad man to grow the vine, a wise man to watch over it, a lucid poet to make it, and a lover to drink it. - Salvador Dali

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 7657 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post