WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    Tra Vigne in Napa Valley
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tra Vigne in Napa Valley
 Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have recent experience at Tra Vigne and recommendations for dishes or wines on list?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No recent experiences there for many years.

"When I drink, I think; and when I think, I drink." Francois Rabelais

Posts: 3542 | Location: Oakland, CA | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mozzarella al minuto. Once you're done order it again. After that sit there enjoying some wine outside on the patio, then after a while, order it again.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the mozzarella dish. And I had the pappardelle with the rabbit ragu. I thought it was great. Though I can't remember what the rest of my family ate, we definitely enjoyed our meal there.

Posts: 217 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow that mozzarella looks great. Our trip next week is kind of full but I think I'll try to make time to go here...

Apostrophes don't make things plural.

Posts: 2953 | Location: Napa | Registered: Apr 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldeneye:
Anyone have recent experience at Tra Vigne and recommendations for dishes or wines on list?

Haven't been to TV since Michael Chiarello left, although I wouldn't recommend Bottega (way overrated). I would recommend Redd if you're in the area.

Posts: 726 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:

I would recommend Redd if you're in the area.

Ditto, Redd.

"When I drink, I think; and when I think, I drink." Francois Rabelais

Posts: 3542 | Location: Oakland, CA | Registered: May 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The short ribs are an absolute must have!

Posts: 100 | Location: St John, IN | Registered: Oct 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post