WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    What's For Breakfast?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's For Breakfast?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Made a little scramble this morning with chorizo, potato and eggs. Served with some warm corn tortillas and some french press coffee. Great way to start the day.

Posts: 6418 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glenn, I love savory/spicy breakfasts with good strong coffee. If I'm out for breakfast and I see a skillet that has jalapenos and/or fresh chopped salsa incorporated, I have a hard time resisting.

Posts: 5368 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, I agree. If jalapenos and coffee cannot wake you up, there is a problem!

Posts: 6418 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Made a little scramble this morning with chorizo, potato and eggs. Served with some warm corn tortillas and some french press coffee. Great way to start the day.

You can make breakfast for me any day, GlennK!!

PH

Posts: 14953 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow pork chops, applewood smoked bacon with fresh fruit and waffles with blueberry sauce.

Posts: 9380 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:

PH
Only if you put out the night before… Razz

Yesterday I went to a local farmers market and picked up some fresh eggs and veggies. Used the veggies last night in a stir fry and one of the eggs this morning. Pan fried the egg so it got just a little crispy on the bottom, but the yolk was still nice and gooey after a little prick with the fork. Served over a thick slice of sourdough toast from a loaf I picked up yesterday at a local bakery. Not a bad way to start a work day.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

PH
Only if you put out the night before… Razz

Eek How about I just do dishes?? LOL

PH

Posts: 14953 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning: Leftover fruit tart with frangipane filling. Better on Day 2 and better still day 3. I will not have any knowledge of how it would fare on day 4...

Visit my travel blog: http://www.floridakeysgirl.com

Posts: 1091 | Location: Key West | Registered: Feb 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grapefruit and a Calabrese sausage. Smile

Posts: 8653 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 strips of thick sliced applewood smoked bacon. 2 slices of 9-grain toast. 2 perfectly cooked over easy eggs. Have been using Eggland's Best eggs lately. They're expensive, but so good. Consistent size, perfect and very dark yolks. Delicious. I still use generic eggs for baking and recipes where the eggs get incorporated into a mixture, but when eating eggs solo these things rock.

Oh...and a bloody mary to pre-game for the Redskins game. Cool

PH

posted Hide Post
Vanilla bean yogurt with home made granola mixed in.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1913 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scrambled eggs with tomato, ham and cheese

Posts: 2239 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have been using Eggland's Best eggs lately. They're expensive, but so good. Consistent size, perfect and very dark yolks. Delicious.
We use those as well when we can’t find fresh farm eggs. Consistently really good quality. I think eggs and chicken are two things that most home cooks take for granted, but if you buy quality you can really upgrade the taste and texture of what you are eating. When I was younger and much poorer I would buy the frozen chicken from costco and basically thought chicken was supposed to be tasteless as I didn’t know any better. Now I buy good free range air chilled birds and the difference is night and day.

posted Hide Post
Big +1 on air chilled chicken. The difference is noticeable.

PH

posted Hide Post
After consuming too much wine last night, a large breakfast was in order today...once I finally got out of bed. Therefore...

Four slices of bacon, three eggs, shredded potatoes, and two slices of wheat toast (each with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (Light) and Smuckers Low Sugar Strawberry Jam).

Woot

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6044 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Organic cornmeal mush with browned organic garlic butter, organic thick 2% yogurt and diced pickled jalapenos. The peppers were organic too...

Posts: 1644 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Apr 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
Organic cornmeal mush

Yum. LOL

PH

posted Hide Post
On the total opposite end of the breakfast spectrum from organic cornmeal mush..... Wink

Sausage gravy on homemade buttermilk biscuits.
Scrambled eggs.
Bloody Mary.

PH

posted Hide Post
Beef stew served over broad noodles. Yup, for breakfast. Needed something to warm me up before going to DnV's soccer game that was played in the wind and rain.

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9635 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pumpkin pancakes with pecans, and pork sausage links.

Posts: 5368 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After playing golf on Friday and Saturday my back was more sore than normal, so I took a rare Sunday off from golf and headed to the beach for breakfast. Lemon and blueberry ricotta pancakes, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast hit the spot after a long walk in the sand.

posted Hide Post
Crepes with orange marmalade and homemade hibiscus flower jam.

Posts: 1644 | Location: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Apr 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simple. Eggo Low fat Multigrain waffles with rael maple syrup

Live simply, Laugh often, Wine a lot!!!

Posts: 6251 | Location: Palm Beach Gardens FL | Registered: Nov 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
creamcheese with a side of bagel

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11681 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
Organic cornmeal mush with browned organic garlic butter, organic thick 2% yogurt and diced pickled jalapenos. The peppers were organic too...

Well, as long as it's organic, it must be good...

Cheers!

Posts: 2882 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post