WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    January 2013: What's For Lunch?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013: What's For Lunch?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great minds. I have a buddy coming over tomorrow night for dinner and I'm smoking 3 racks of baby backs plus frying hand cut fries in duck fat.

And then triple your cholesterol medication.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5807 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't eat this every week Dok!

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13627 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BBQ pulled pork sandwhich with slaw.

Posts: 9476 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
A food cart in some plaza in Florence! Smile

Now THAT is one fine way to spend New Year's Day. You are one lucky guy, DoubleD.

And a big congratulations to you and your soon-to-be bride!!

Thanks Seaquam! Just came back last week and trying to catch up on things. Florence was a nice way to end a beautiful trip. I'm lucky indeed.

Posts: 5181 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
... I proposed to her during the trip at an abbey called San Galgano.

She did say "yes", right? Smile

Congrats on doing it right, DD and sounds like a great trip!

Thanks KSC! It was a great trip, and she did say yes.

Posts: 5181 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today with #1 daughter and son-in-law: Assorted tamales (courtesy of Vino Bevo) Cool with over easy eggs . They were wonderful, and my daughter was SO excited when she came into the house and smelled them! #2 daughter will be coming for lunch tomorrow. Guess what we're having?? Winner

Thanks Vino Bevo!

PH

Posts: 15304 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Today with #1 daughter and son-in-law: Assorted tamales (courtesy of Vino Bevo) Cool with over easy eggs . They were wonderful, and my daughter was SO excited when she came into the house and smelled them! #2 daughter will be coming for lunch tomorrow. Guess what we're having?? Winner

Thanks Vino Bevo!

PH

Big Grin

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1965 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 hard boiled eggs and diet soda

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36982 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roasted veggies and chicken

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caesar salad and fresh berries

Posts: 2567 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double Double animal style with extra pickles and an extra toasted bun. Not the best burger out there but pretty good when you need something quick.

Posts: 6557 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
left over tri tip on a sandwich as PH recommended.

Posts: 292 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL | Registered: Nov 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beef pho.

Posts: 5517 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled chicken salad

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1965 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tuna with avocado

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yesterday: jerk chicken, peas and rice and a nice beef patty. Goooooood stuff.

PH

Posts: 15304 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a turkey sub on my way to the beach. Enjoyed with green tea watching the sailboats go by... Quite relaxing Cool

posted Hide Post
Tuna salad and red pepper bisque

posted Hide Post
Idaho trout and 2004 Marcel Moineaux Grand Cru BdB.

Posts: 30257 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doing whatever cooking I can for our Superbowl party. I work tomorrow and we have evening plans, so I'm getting the advance work out of the way and having samples of what I'm making for lunch. Pretty nice lunch.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36982 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post