WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    November. What's for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November. What's for dinner?
 Login/Join 
posted
At Berns in Tampa:

A variety of appetizers including tuna tartare, caviar, escargot followed by a nice medium rare ribeye.

Carrot cake in the dessert room

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't tell me you only drank water with that fine meal!

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36886 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled shrimp tacos with shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, queso fresco and a little "baja" sauce we made up. We decided to fry the corn tortillas for a change - a little smelly, but they sure are tasty!

Cheers!

Posts: 2910 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scallop salad with bacon vinaigrette.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At Papillon on Front last night: steak tartare. While it was enjoyable, the pork cheeks ordered by a table-mate were just amazing.

BTW, after some initial confusion, it was confirmed that as of last week, Papillon now allows BYOW with a $25 corkage. I would not rule this place out as a potential venue for a future TWC event.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: VinT,

Posts: 2840 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roasted wild sockeye (frozen, but given to us by the friend who caught it) with a glaze of jalapeno jelly, cilantro, lime zest, scallion and butter, parm risotto and roasted carrots.

Cheers!

Posts: 2910 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pizza night again yesterday. This time I did a roasted garlic base with a little drizzle of marinara and topped with zucchini, red onion, diced fresh chilies, apple wood smoked bacon and good mozzarella. Very tasty.

Posts: 6538 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ladies night out so it was rigatoni and meatballs with the little dude.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rack of lamb and a mesclun/goat cheese salad with a 2008 Ferrer Bobet Vinyes Velles

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36886 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Rack of lamb and a mesclun/goat cheese salad with a 2008 Ferrer Bobet Vinyes Velles

Wow, just had this wine at our annual tasting for members at the club and this wine was poured for only certain people from under the table. Awesome wine from Priorat and Carignane, Grenache and Syrah. My wine rep said it was too young but boy it was showing well to me. We can get it for $32 Wholesale so I was thinking about putting it on by the glass as a feature for $15 a glass. Curious on your thoughts of the wine as far as aging potential and where the wine is at now for you.

Posts: 9452 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a thread about this wine- 2008 Ferrer Bobet Vinyes Velles

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
Coppa

Posts: 8733 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shin Thompson is back for six dinners between now and 12/1 at the old Bonsoiree space, before he opens his own place in February. The menu includes some of the Bonsoiree classics, but also a couple of preview dishes from the new place. Tonight's the first of the six. We're going with friends from our tasting group, but I know M/M dantherhonefan will be there as well. The menu:

Amuse of Sashimi

Duck Confit & Mushroom Duxelle cooked with Cognac, 63 Degree Farm Egg, Toast Points, Black Truffle, Fines Herbs

Scallop Motoyaki!

Kabocha Squash and Fuji Apple Soup, Roasted Corn, Seared Trout, Lobster Oil, Crispy Leeks

Crispy Skin Suzuki, Japanese Scallion Soy Beurre Blanc, Pearls of Sweet Potato & Grilled Asparagus

60 Hour “Zabuton” Wagyu Short Rib, Pommes Frites with Nori Dust and Sea Salt, Karashi “Punch in the Face” Mustard, Chasseur Sauce

Matcha Cake Napoleon, Chocolate Sauce and Macerated Fresh Berries

Posts: 1611 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Delmonico has this nice-looking menu going on tonight for quite a bargain, in my book...

Emeril's Delmonico Chappellet Wild Game Dinner

Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια
En Vino Veritas

Posts: 289 | Location: New Orleans, LA | Registered: Dec 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's all simple proteins and veggies for the next five weeks as I focus on dropping a few through dietary Ketosis.

I'd add a sad face emoticon but I got here by enjoying the stuff I need to avoid for a while, so I guess it all balances out.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1948 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night I cheated a bit and bought a jar of Rao’s marinara sauce and added some sweet Italian sausage from the local butcher. Tossed with some campanelle pasta and good parmigiano and a tasty dinner was ready in less than 30 mins. The Rao’s sauce was actually pretty good.

Posts: 6538 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife recently discovered Rao's sauce and find it to be one of the better sauces from a jar.

Posts: 2557 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
It's all simple proteins and veggies for the next five weeks as I focus on dropping a few through dietary Ketosis.

I'd add a sad face emoticon but I got here by enjoying the stuff I need to avoid for a while, so I guess it all balances out.

Same here, VB, but they sure are easier to find than lose.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
Friday night pasta. Fusili with chicken, leeks and mushrooms. Mix of oyster, shiitake, porcini and cremini.

Posts: 10151 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife made potatoe leek soup and an Eggplant, Mozzarella and Saffron Rice bake

Posts: 2557 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A double Bloody Mary. It's been a rough week.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6818 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Don't tell me you only drank water with that fine meal!

In addition to water we had:

N.V. Laurent-Perrier Champagne Brut

1983 Ridge Petite Sirah

1999 Canon La-Gaffeliere

25 yr. single malt don't remember which one but was good.

Posts: 2309 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled chicken marinated in asian spices
White rice

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:

1999 Canon La-Gaffeliere

I saw a bottle of this last night looking for a wine.

How was it, redknife?

Hope to see you again, soon.

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed at one of my favorite French restaurants in Dallas.

NV E. Barnaut BdN Grand Cru
Wood grilled Lockhart quail
Idaho Rainbow trout with lemon, capers and herbs

Posts: 30175 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post