WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    November. What's for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

November. What's for dinner?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Shrimp & Scallop Risotto

(2007 Huët Vouvray Sec Le Mont)

very tasty

Posts: 15520 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pardon me whilst I wipe off my keyboard.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight, Thai - at my favorite local place.

Not sure what we'll have, but lots of small plates to start and for sure some of their wonderful Panang Curry. Stomach growling already.....

PH

Posts: 15121 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roast beef with a red wine pan gravy
duck fat roasted potatoes
green beans

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2368 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying out a new smoker tonight. Older model MES 30". Have a chicken inside, rubbed with SPG (salt, pepper, garlic powder).
Will probably pop my last '08 McCrea Counoise Ciel du Cheval to go with it.

Turkey bacon is the reason I have trust issues.

Posts: 6800 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blackened Steak Salad.

Posts: 9442 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Attended a wild fowl dinner last night with some old school retired restauranteurs.

Ridiculous amount of food but Highlights were:
Hungarian Partridge and chanterelle sugo with fettuccine
Braised Woodcock with lightly smoked bacon over soft polenta
Pumpkin ricotta cheesecake with spiced rum dark caramel and nougat.

Shockingly I didn't get any shot in any dishes but what a table!

Posts: 1668 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
Attended a wild fowl dinner last night with some old school retired restauranteurs.

Ridiculous amount of food but Highlights were:
Hungarian Partridge and chanterelle sugo with fettuccine
Braised Woodcock with lightly smoked bacon over soft polenta
Pumpkin ricotta cheesecake with spiced rum dark caramel and nougat.

Jealous doesn't even begin to describe it.

Posts: 2368 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I only hit heads. Cool

Posts: 1549 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW - I've been pretty envious of your recent menus.

Posts: 1668 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night I made a potato leek pizza which turned out very well.

Posts: 6512 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Madeira braised Venison with lardon, chestnuts and chanterelle/morel mushrooms. Served on skin on mashed potatoes with some chevre and grainy mustard mashed into them.

posted Hide Post
Sauerkraut and sausages, and german potato salad. (Back from a run to the local German deli).

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3482 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Madeira braised Venison with lardon, chestnuts and chanterelle/morel mushrooms. Served on skin on mashed potatoes with some chevre and grainy mustard mashed into them.

Winner

Posts: 1549 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:

Winner

My thoughts, exactly.

PH

Posts: 15121 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NY Strip and asparagus on the grill.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beef Bourginon

Posts: 1134 | Registered: Apr 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cauliflower and lentils cooked in beef stock.

Posts: 8718 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alinea, but tomorrow. So excited I need to post it now, though I hear mixed feedback on the experience. Mediocre wine pairings, e.g.

Posts: 865 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Aug 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night - Tom Yum Ga and Chicken with basil

Been soup all week as we have been dealing with colds

Posts: 5962 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled sirloin butt steaks in a soy-gojuchang marinade.
Roasted broccoli in a anchovy/smoked paprika vinaigrette
Smashed potatoes in a grainy mustard/chèvre sauce (inspired by rob s.)

Big reds.

cupcakes.

posted Hide Post
Cupcakes?

posted Hide Post
I want cupcakes!!

Tonight: chili, cornbread and salad. Mmmmmm..

PH

posted Hide Post
quote:
Cupcakes?

Guests brought a big box from prairie girl cupcakes. More icing than cake, but you didn't hear me complain.

posted Hide Post
I just don't get cupcakes. I've learned to accept that I am the minority but really?