WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    February 2013 - Whats for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013 - Whats for dinner?
 Login/Join 
posted
Southwestern sweet potatoes. Recipe from biggest loser (wife is on a program), but with fresh salsa and plain greek yogurt

Posts: 1097 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prime NY Strips on the grill with a red yet to be determined

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something big is in the works...

Posts: 4940 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Veal shank braised in white wine with aromatic vegetables and fresh herbs on grilled polenta with gremolata, beet salad, and black figs wrapped in prosciutto with goat cheese.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1938 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keepin' it classy tonight...homemade chicken fingers.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charcoal grilled hiramasa with mango and ginger salsa.

Risotto with black truffles and parmigiano reggiano.

Cheese plate, the Pouligny Saint Pierre and Rigotte de Condrieu were special.

A nice evening for alfresco dining again.

Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scottish Salmon sauteed in hazelnut butter on a bed of steamed rice topped with spicey mango salsa; steamed zucchini finished in olive oil, garlic and pepper, no salt.

Posts: 1097 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
homemade chicken vegetable soup with orzo

Posts: 292 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL | Registered: Nov 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braised boneless short ribs and garlic mashed potatoes.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2397 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cabbage rolls, broccoli, salad and 2006 Leo Alzinger Loibenberg Smaragd Riesling.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2750 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two lasagnas just went into the oven. Cool

Posts: 5434 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Homemade mexican tortas (except for the bread); shredded adobado chicken, fried black beans, crema latina, guacamole, quesillo melted cheese, pickled onions and chopped cilantro and a touch of habanero coulis. Best i've had in a long time.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1574 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Venison bourgignon
Milk roast fennel
Egg noodles

All sorts of red.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sushi with a 2002 Laurent-Perrier Brut

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36781 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alaskan Red King crab legs.
Sonoma goat cheese ravioli with golden oak mushroom.
Point Judith calamari, sweet chili and candied cashews.
Sea scallops, parmesan risotto and citrus salsa.

2002 Dom (2)

Posts: 30085 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
* Frog Legs Glibiche
* Pan Seared scallops with Curry Braised Pork Belly and Apple Celery Root Puree

I only posted in this thread so wine+art would know he hasn't quite yet cornered the frog leg market. Big Grin

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13514 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you make the frogs' legs? I've never made them. Best I ever had were in Beurehiesel in Strasbourg. If I could make them that well, I'd make them every week. Where do you buy them? I've never really looked for them but haven't seen them.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
I use a time honored tradition of going out to a restaurant that makes them. Smile

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13514 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We share that tradition.

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
2002 Laurent-Perrier Brut

thoughts? i picked up a bottle yesterday. a shop owner i trust told me he really liked it, esp for the money.

i'll open mine soon.

Posts: 4940 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
* Frog Legs Glibiche
* Pan Seared scallops with Curry Braised Pork Belly and Apple Celery Root Puree

I only posted in this thread so wine+art would know he hasn't quite yet cornered the frog leg market. Big Grin

i had some last weekend... we need to scrap for our froggy territory!! Razz

posted Hide Post
Tuscan Beef Stew with Polenta

(things started browning and I grabbed a quick red to throw in the pot. Turned out to be a 2004 Brancaia Ilatraia Eek ). A royal dish indeed! It should show well Smile

(pairing with a '99 La Poderina)

Posts: 15478 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You poured a whole bottle of Ilatraia in the stew??? Life is good.

Posts: 10067 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Dec 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
You poured a whole bottle of Ilatraia in the stew??? Life is good.

2/3. Drinking the rest. The stew smells awesome!

Posts: 15478 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had bad mexican food in town last night, that we paid too much for. Decided to make carne con chile with flank and left over Ceci salsa for dinner tonight, with mexican rice.