WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    February 2013 - Whats for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013 - Whats for dinner?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
Foie gras
Duck tamales
Duck two ways
Truffle Mac n cheese
Tres leches

Wow... my kind of dinner.

How was the "duck two ways" done? Confit and breast?

Posts: 4776 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:

That's my plan for tonight's dinner. Cool

Posts: 3549 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:

That's my plan for tonight's dinner. Cool

I plan to add the seared foie and go three ways.

Posts: 1561 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can't say three ways on valentine's day. Big Grin

Posts: 3549 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
You can't say three ways on valentine's day. Big Grin

Depends on #3. Big Grin

I just can't help myself...you know how I am about duck.

Posts: 1561 | Location: St. Charles, IL | Registered: Dec 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
homemade empanadas with some ghost chili and a bottle of veuve

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11684 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
saffron-tomato-pastis moules.
french stick.
pink bubbles.

Posts: 1453 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charred Strip Steaks, bakers, chopped salads

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 860 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicely marbled NY strips on the grill, and halved brussels sprouts seasoned with olive oil, pepper, fresh garlic roasted in the oven. Dark chocolate covered strawberries to finish.

Posts: 5368 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caesar Salad

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2673 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
Foie gras
Duck tamales
Duck two ways
Truffle Mac n cheese
Tres leches

Wow... my kind of dinner.

It was a little different than usual. One breast and one leg confit but done up like shepherds pie. A little too much potato on it for my liking.

Posts: 2541 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mussels in a white wine & garlic sauce, French baguette, and strawberry cheesecake for dessert. Wine was a Riesling from Cave Springs.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
made coq au vin last night. Turned out well.

Posts: 3109 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Baked Dijon chicken breast served over a salad and Hirsch Riesling.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2673 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Asparagas and Gorgonzola Creme Sauce.

Posts: 9380 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roast sockeye salmon fillets on a bed of sauteed red peppers, sweet onions, celery, and baby bok choy with a lot of thyme and garlic. 2008 Belle Glos Pinot Clark & Telephone, a fine match.

Cheers!

Posts: 8317 | Location: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Oct 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend who usually does an excellent job with slow-cooking meats is having us over for BBQ pulled pork tonight.

Posts: 5368 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sushi tonight

Posts: 2239 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sole with brown butter, lemon salted butter and shellfish risotto.

Posts: 29999 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue fin tuna tartare
Yellow tail sashimi
Albacore tuna sashimi with salsa
Albacore with meyer lemon
Rock shrimp tempura with creamy spicy sauce
Chillean sea bass with garlic ponzu
Steak n egg with black truffle
Chocolate souffle cake

Posts: 1030 | Location: Chino, CA | Registered: Oct 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Texas-style chili, or as Texans call it -- chili

Andre Tchelistcheff

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyesintime:
Texas-style chili, or as Texans call it -- chili

Winner

Joe
-----
Wine is like potato chips around me...if it's open, it's gone.

MyBlog @ www.wineismylife.net

Posts: 13445 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: Aug 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braised oxtail.

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3443 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roast Chicken with Onion and Ale Sauce.

posted Hide Post
Roasted Lamb Shoulder Roast over Creamed Spinach and Bacon

Posts: 48 | Location: Clearlake Oaks, Ca | Registered: Feb 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post