WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    February 2013 - Whats for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013 - Whats for dinner?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Over the week-end:

Smoked white fish & Haddock fish pie. Everything from scratch including the pastry and the smoked fish.

Having never made one before, I patted myself on the back for a job well done. It was really really good.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2449 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool

Posts: 1570 | Location: London, ON | Registered: Nov 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Braised oxtail.

do you have one recipe for this, or still experimenting as you go? I see you make it alot, and if you've got one recipe dialed i'd love to see it.

Posts: 1631 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maple-Dijon Chicken with Bacon Couscous
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan, Garlic, and Lemon
Magic Chocolate Flan Cake

"Won't someone tell me what it is they all want?"

Posts: 6140 | Location: Utah | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Broiled grouper

Roast duck with green peppercorn sauce

Blackened grouper

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36982 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoked porchetta di Testa
Hen egg Tajarin, brown butter and sage.

Posts: 30279 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carne Asada Tri Tip With Salsa.

Posts: 9482 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
arroz con pollo

Posts: 5042 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Broiled grouper

Blackened grouper

Did you stutter? Razz

Posts: 2567 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Egg white Denver omelette

Posts: 2567 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sushi and Champagne.

PH

Posts: 15312 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Sushi and Champagne.

PH

Cool

Posts: 30279 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Veal chops and risotto, I think

"Wine, one sip of this will bathe the drooping spirits in delight beyond the bliss of dreams. Be wise and taste."
- Milton

Posts: 3496 | Location: NW Suburbs of Chicago | Registered: Aug 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pork Chops rubbed with Thyme and Sage. A raspberry pan sauce served underneath.. With a beet and blood orange salad with Feta.

Posts: 72 | Location: Lisle, IL | Registered: Sep 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Veal chops and risotto, I think

You're not sure if it was veal? Not sure if you had risotto? Or you're not sure if you ate?

Either way, sounds like a good time.

Posts: 5042 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keeping it simple tonight -- sauting some shrimp in olive oil with tomato, garlic, Worcestershire, Tabasco and lemon.

Willl also be marinating some short ribs for Daube of Short Ribs I'm making this weekend.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2799 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45 day dry aged New York strips done on the cast iron pan.

Baked potatoes

Sauteed spinach

Baked half tomatoes, seeded & filled with parmesan, breadcrumbs, olive oil and balsamic.

Posts: 2449 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:

You're depriving them of their rightful barbeque destiny!

Posts: 2908 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Afghanistan tonight. Cool

posted Hide Post
Pasta with red sauce and grilled hot Italian sausage.

Posts: 5517 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken lettuce wraps

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
Chicken lettuce wraps

Restaurant or at home? If at home, would you mind sharing what recipe you or your wife use? We've been thinking about doing these as an app. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5517 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I finally found a beef stew recipe that we really liked. Simple and easy, with good flavor.

Posts: 3277 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Apr 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rotisserie chicken
Mashed potatoes
Creamed spinach
Corn

Posts: 2312 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:

You're depriving them of their rightful barbeque destiny!

Not in THIS snow! Besides, big cast iron pan, throw it in a 500 degree oven until it's smoking hot, throw on well salted steaks right about 3 minutes on one side, flip and throw in the oven for another 3.5 minutes, take out and tent on a plate and it will make you forget about a bbq.