WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    February 2013 - Whats for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

February 2013 - Whats for dinner?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Chicken Pot Pie.

Posts: 9281 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sea bass topped with Dungeness crab in a beurre blanc sauce, grilled veggies and green salad paired with some tasty Chenin blanc.

Posts: 2517 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
more avocado pesto with whole wheat linguini. this time with chicken. not bad.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Orange Honey Glazed Lamb Sirloin Roast!!

If you want the recipe and where to buy Natural Grass Fed Lamb visit http://www.shannonridge.com

Posts: 48 | Location: Clearlake Oaks, Ca | Registered: Feb 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Shannon:
Orange Honey Glazed Lamb Sirloin Roast!!

If you want the recipe and where to buy Natural Grass Fed Lamb visit http://www.shannonridge.com

egh.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4357 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ropa vieja with a friend egg on top.

posted Hide Post
the neighbors had us over for some fresh corn chowder, made of local, organic ingredients.

after that, we ate a whole lot of cheese.

we drank a lot of cotes du rhone.

... i feel like i'm talking to myself.

posted Hide Post
Grilled boneless pork chop stuffed with Fontina cheese and spinach topped with balsamic glazed apple, with mashed potatoes and a cheddar pecan green bean casserole.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1841 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gamberi diavolo
Roasted zucchini with sherry vinegar and mint.

Posts: 1270 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
friend egg on top

That's some kind of friend. Reminds me of that girl in university......but I digress

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5437 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cajun Chicken

Not what I would consider completely traditional, but tasty dish with chicken, ham, chorizo, shrimp, the trinity, tomato, and rice.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2576 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
friend egg on top

That's some kind of friend. Reminds me of that girl in university......but I digress

Go on, I'm listening...

Razz

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
friend egg on top

Go on, I'm listening...

Razz

i dnuno about you but i certainly dont want no friend eggs on wherever I'm puttin gmy mouth!

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11016 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
puttin the ox tail into the slow cooker!

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11016 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a little late on this post, but I finally got around to it.

Last Saturday I roasted a fresh 100lb local, grass-fed, free-range Hereford pork.

The occasion was my old man's birthday. Every year for the past 5 years we've gone ahead and roasted a pig, and had a big ole' party. This year's was one of the biggest (100+ people came by).

The pig spent 24 hours in a brine made up of 6 gallons apple cider, 144oz. of Amber Bock, 1 gallon of water (plus residual melt off from 2 bags of ice), 4 cans of salt, 10 oranges sliced in half, 10 lemons sliced in half, 10 garlic heads sliced in half, a whole lot of thyme, a whole lot of rosemary, 6oz. brown sugar, 24oz molasses, 24oz. honey, and 12oz of black peppercorns.

Then the old boy was rinsed off, and went into La Caja China, where he spent the next 3 hours roasting (well, 4 hours. time got away from me), before we flipped him over and charred the skin for about 45 minutes.

We had a great time. People began arriving around 4pm, and the party went on strong until close to 3am. We drank through about 3 cases of wine, 5 handles of liquor, and over 60 beers. There was no food left in the morning, save a few slices of cake and a serving a black beans.

It was a great night. I learned how to play the guitar, and sang like an angel at around 1am. Sadly, by the morning, I had lost both skills.

A wonderful evening... I can't wait for the next one!

Here's a Photo Album of the pig. Warning: photos of a dead pig.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
I'm a little late on this post, but I finally got around to it.

Last Saturday I roasted a fresh 100lb local, grass-fed, free-range Hereford pork.

The occasion was my old man's birthday. Every year for the past 5 years we've gone ahead and roasted a pig, and had a big ole' party. This year's was one of the biggest (100+ people came by).

The pig spent 24 hours in a brine made up of 6 gallons apple cider, 144oz. of Amber Bock, 1 gallon of water (plus residual melt off from 2 bags of ice), 4 cans of salt, 10 oranges sliced in half, 10 lemons sliced in half, 10 garlic heads sliced in half, a whole lot of thyme, a whole lot of rosemary, 6oz. brown sugar, 24oz molasses, 24oz. honey, and 12oz of black peppercorns.

Then the old boy was rinsed off, and went into La Caja China, where he spent the next 3 hours roasting (well, 4 hours. time got away from me), before we flipped him over and charred the skin for about 45 minutes.

We had a great time. People began arriving around 4pm, and the party went on strong until close to 3am. We drank through about 3 cases of wine, 5 handles of liquor, and over 60 beers. There was no food left in the morning, save a few slices of cake and a serving a black beans.

It was a great night. I learned how to play the guitar, and sang like an angel at around 1am. Sadly, by the morning, I had lost both skills.

A wonderful evening... I can't wait for the next one!

Here's a Photo Album of the pig. Warning: photos of a dead pig.

Boy, is my mouth watering now. Sounds like a fantastic evening.

Posts: 3440 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks alike a great party! Now I really want a La Caja China - they look contained and very easy to use ...

Judging by the next day pics, you don't have racoons in your hood.

Posts: 1460 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
Looks alike a great party! Now I really want a La Caja China - they look contained and very easy to use ...

Judging by the next day pics, you don't have racoons in your hood.

Nah... I live in an urban area. Once in a blue moon there will be some rats, but that's about it.

The Caja China is the simplest, most dummy-proof, and easiest way to roast a whole pig. If you follow the simple instructions, it's nearly impossible to mess up.

posted Hide Post
Looks awesome Jorge. Will be ready to host an off-line in our new place sometime soon hopefully. No pig roasting though. Oh the back yard is looking good.

Posts: 5566 | Location: South Florida | Registered: Dec 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hosting our wine group tonight. Will be serving bread and cheese, and crab-stuffed mushrooms to start, followed by pork roast in muchroom sauce, egg noodles, and green beans with bacon.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2576 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rack of lamb, sauteed mushrooms, and a CdP to be determined

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36424 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huachinango a la Veracruzana (Veracruz-Style Red Snapper)

Posts: 15126 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of a comfort food day today, so prime rib, Yorkshire pudding and green beans.

Show me a good loser, I'll show you a loser - Vince Lombardi.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Jun 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Potato soup

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1841 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roast pork - Part of my Chinese New Year fare. Among other dishes.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post