WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    January 2013 - What's for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013 - What's for dinner?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Friday night we grilled some really nice organic air chilled chicken breasts with a lemon/orange/oregano/parsley/evoo basting sauce. Served with a simple green salad and paired nicely with the 2008 Moreau-Naudet & Fils Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre.

Saturday night we stopped into one of our fav. local spots and shared grilled squid with a caper sauce, grilled langoustines and merguez sausage with couscous. I started with a cocktail and enjoyed the sausage and couscous with a nice glass of 09 cru Beaujolais (didn’t pay attention to the producer).

Last night we made a big batch of chili and cornbread. Both turned out great and Dogfish head 60 was a perfect pairing.

Posts: 6405 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sesame ginger salmon with quinoa, brown rice and veggies.

Posts: 9376 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Saturday night we stopped into one of our fav. local spots and shared grilled squid with a caper sauce, grilled langoustines and merguez sausage with couscous. I started with a cocktail and enjoyed the sausage and couscous with a nice glass of 09 cru Beaujolais

I gotta ask.......where did you dine?

Posts: 2540 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight we had some poke that my wife made with some Bluefin caught by my brother in Mexican waters recently. Excellent.

Posts: 2540 | Location: Danville, CA | Registered: Apr 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Saturday night we stopped into one of our fav. local spots and shared grilled squid with a caper sauce, grilled langoustines and merguez sausage with couscous. I started with a cocktail and enjoyed the sausage and couscous with a nice glass of 09 cru Beaujolais

Marche
I gotta ask.......where did you dine?

Posts: 6405 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steak tartare, duck confit with a 2008 Belle Glos Taylor Lane PN

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36740 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow...pretty impressive dinners. How the hell do you all stay lean and fit? If I ate like this daily I would be twice the size I am now.

Tonight:

Tuna Steak with wasabi cream sauce served over mashed potato. However the potato will be butter free, (on a damn diet) will be using chicken stock as a substitute. Something green to go along with....Krug NV most likely will be the drink of choice.

-------------

Say NO to Shiraz!

Posts: 2722 | Registered: Nov 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dal makhani, kosambri & basmati.

stout.

Posts: 1446 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aloo chat, tandoori chix, chix tikka chatt masala, coconut basmati

Posts: 1036 | Location: East of England | Registered: Jul 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started making osso bucco, but it will likely be consumed tomorrow.

Posts: 5073 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pate and Epoisses

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36740 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made a Thai Grilled Beef Salad last night. Loved it, but the Mrs. didn't care for it too much.

Posts: 3542 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 mini packages of saltines scrounged off a colleague's desk at 11:00 last night.

Looking forward to those mags of '08 Salon.

Posts: 2211 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had liver and onions last night. Really didn't know what to pair it with, but tried a Rioja...not bad!

Got acid?
@@@@@@@@@@@@
Everyone has to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another glass of wine.

Posts: 1438 | Location: Redstate USA | Registered: Mar 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curry Apricot Chicken

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2660 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Italian wedding soup chock full of spinach.

posted Hide Post
Frog legs la Provencal enjoyed with 2008 Francois Labet Bourgogne Aligote.

Posts: 29992 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
beef and potatoes

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11627 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At dinner with Allred and our wives last night - London Broil with Jasmine Rice. This was herb marinated flank steak with a Cabernet demi-glace.

Posts: 3542 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pizza with pistachio pesto, fennel sausage and pecorino.

Cannonau di sardegna.

Posts: 1446 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Aug 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made chicken cacciatore tonight.

"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst..."

Posts: 1912 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Sep 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be making Chicken Adobo tonight.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2660 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night was Florida pompano, sauteed with lemons and capers. Delicious.

Posts: 6425 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rothko - I was thinking about doing something like that tonight, something akin to a fish "piccata."

Last night: veggie and pork stir fry with jasmine rice (bok choy, broccoli, asparagus, onion, snow peas, bell pepper).

Cheers!

Posts: 2882 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say go for it.

You must have access to a lot of fresh local fish up there that would be excellent.

Posts: 6425 | Location: Palm Beach | Registered: Nov 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post