WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    January 2013 - What's for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

January 2013 - What's for dinner?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am thinking stone crab but not sure yet

Posts: 2296 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Homemade chicken noodle soup

I think I might be able to help with the Pan, Pam dilemma

Posts: 948 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pot Roast tonight.

Posts: 9442 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beef burgundy, boiled taters and broccoli for this evening.

“Appreciating old wine is like making love to a very old lady. It is possible. It can even be enjoyable. But it requires a bit of imagination.”

Andre Tchelistcheff

Posts: 2757 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braised beef short ribs tonight.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Braised beef short ribs tonight

Had them prepared by basecadet on Friday. Served with celery root mashed potatoes. Paired with 2000 Elderton Command Shiraz and a 2001 D'Arenberg Dead Arm. Delish!

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5726 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Command. Going with a 2006 Stefania Syrah Eaglepoint Ranch tonight.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roast rack of pork (from Costco) with shallots and brussel sprouts. One of the tastiest and easiest dishes to prepare.

Posts: 5135 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
coconut rice with a dash of lime

miso marinated salmon

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12124 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ended up with
Caviar
Pâté de foie gras
Arugula salad with strawberries and balsamic vinegar + evo dressing
Pan seared tuna marinated in soy sauce and sesame oil

Posts: 2296 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight pan seared chicken breasts with orange brandy sauce.

posted Hide Post
all the talk of cast iron pots.

whipped out the le creuset and made a beef bourguignon

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12124 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
all the talk of cast iron pots.

whipped out the le creuset and made a beef bourguignon

Ditto ... braising some oxtail in two LCs. One is a tomato-based liquid (experiment). Second is just plain beef broth but will end up as a Filipino stew.

Posts: 5135 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Braised beef short ribs tonight

Had them prepared by basecadet on Friday. Served with celery root mashed potatoes. Paired with 2000 Elderton Command Shiraz and a 2001 D'Arenberg Dead Arm. Delish!

It all sounds awesome. Very well done!

Posts: 15520 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Keller's Simple Roast Chicken
Fingerling Potatoes with rosemary, roasted in duck fat.

I can still taste this meal, two days later (in a good way)
Never, ever, underestimate what duck fat can do to potatoes. Magic! Cool

Posts: 15520 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had dinner two nights ago in Waterlot, my favorite restaurant in Bermuda. Their fries are made in duck fat.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36831 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this lady i'm marrying brought home some 45-day dry-aged t-bones. i threw those on the grill, and roasted some fingerling potatoes and green beans. put together a spinach salad with some lime and grapeseed oil. '09 stefania chaine d'or cabernet drank really nicely with this meal.

here's a photo of the steak and potatoes

Posts: 4982 | Location: Miami | Registered: Mar 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jorgerunfrombulls, can you liken grapeseed oil to anything or is it unique? I don't think I have ever tried it.

Posts: 8718 | Location: North CA | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
this lady i'm marrying brought home some 45-day dry-aged t-bones. i threw those on the grill, and roasted some fingerling potatoes and green beans. put together a spinach salad with some lime and grapeseed oil. '09 stefania chaine d'or cabernet drank really nicely with this meal.

here's a photo of the steak and potatoes
Looks great.

Posts: 6510 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night we sautéed chicken breasts under a brick to get the skin nice and crispy. Served with couscous and a yogurt sauce. Paired with the 2010 Ceritas Chardonnay Porter-Bass Vineyard that was excellent.

Posts: 6510 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night assorted cheeses, black olives and pita chips

posted Hide Post
Steak Au Poivre with Brandied Cream Sauce.

posted Hide Post
At Nirvana in Mississauga:

Vegetable Samosa
Butter Chicken
Lamb Rogan Josh
Mutter Paneer
Bhindi Masala
Coriander and garlic naan

Posts: 2799 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Nov 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tilapia with cherry tomatoes, capers, black olives and white onions
White rice

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
Tilapia with cherry tomatoes, capers, black olives and white onions
White rice

same

www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)