WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Dining and Cooking    double me down
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

double me down
 Login/Join 
posted
http://www.sogoodblog.com/2009/08/25/kfc-double/

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11627 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2274 | Registered: Jul 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that the flavor is awesome.

I do prefer regular bowel movements though.

I'm torn.........

--------------------
"One may dislike carrots, spinach, beetroot, or the skin on hot milk. But not wine. It is like hating the air that one breathes, since each is equally indispensable."

Marcel Ayme`

Posts: 10227 | Location: The Left Coast | Registered: Dec 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That bad-boy has more calories, fat and everything else that they measure on labels than a "Wendy's Triple" w/ everything. I just gotta find one of those. LOL. Heart attack in a wrapper.

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
~ I'm not sayin' ... I'm just sayin'.

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Apr 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there truth to the story that KFC is now called such because they are no longer allowed to use the word 'Chicken' in their advertising (misrepresentation)?

Posts: 15360 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's only 590 calories, why not have two- a double double-down. They would probably make you double double-over later.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Is there truth to the story that KFC is now called such because they are no longer allowed to use the word 'Chicken' in their advertising (misrepresentation)?

That whole thing is old silliness. They constantly say the word, "chicken" in their commercials. They went to KFC much like how Dairy Queen is calling everything "DQ" and Burger King is "BK." It's all marketing.

Cheers!

Posts: 2882 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured as much.

They may treat their commodity a bit rough, but they are technically chickens while alive (ignore the P. Anderson blah blah).

Posts: 15360 | Location: Montreal, QC | Registered: Feb 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I figured as much.

They may treat their commodity a bit rough, but they are technically chickens while alive (ignore the P. Anderson blah blah).

Not surprised that such animal cruelty exists. Everyone turns a blind eye.

On topic, that double down sandwich made me feel like puking. Hey, I like the greasy fois gras topped pie every now and then but that KFC DD is just plain wrong.

"I have drunk not to the clouding of my reason, but just so much that I can still surely distinguish the syllables with my tongue." Athenaeus

"Mimik" on cellartracker.com

Posts: 6519 | Location: Montreal | Registered: Feb 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would try it, especially if I was hung over... Smile

Posts: 6405 | Location: OC, CA  | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8nJKa13sBo

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 11627 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you g-man. Cool

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Feb 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Check out this KFC related item. Look quick, it will change in the next day or two.

Seriously though. This after the KCF bowls? WTF are these people thinking? Do they seriously want to kill off their client base? Is KFC owned by Phillip/Morris?

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6735 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, since I am a big proponent of the McRib, this looks very enticing. In fact, there is a KFC directly on my way home. Smile

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9635 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still dont think it can top Hardee's monster burger. I think that had a week of calories and saturated fat.

Posts: 9376 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OINK! OINK! OINK!

This seems to capture today's American popular "cuisine": Never mind -- the crappy software this cheap-ass site uses doesn't allow posting graphics or useable links.

Posts: 475 | Registered: Oct 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:

That's one good lookin' burger!

Got acid?
@@@@@@@@@@@@
Everyone has to believe in something. I believe I’ll have another glass of wine.

Posts: 1438 | Location: Redstate USA | Registered: Mar 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, KFC related cartoon is now here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mneeley490,

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6735 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shocking that it's only 590 Calories! However, add a large Pepsi, a large French Fries and, make that total------1200 Calories.... I'll stick to wine & a tenderloin!

Posts: 7863 | Location: Germantown, Tennessee | Registered: Oct 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanna know what to pair with it

Posts: 486 | Location: Sierra Nevada mountains | Registered: Nov 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to try one of these / eat these on a regular basis. Why won't KFC bring this to Canada?

Posts: 2645 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Feb 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:

I just watched that video, but I have no idea what product they were pushing. Big Grin

Posts: 3542 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read about this the other day in TIME...apparently it was a promotional item but they have sold so many (7 million in 6 weeks or somethign crazy)they are making it part of the permanent menu. I am going to have to try one at some point in the near future...

Posts: 1257 | Location: Chico, CA | Registered: Oct 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why anyone would eat KFC without skin is beyond me. If and when I'm every told that I'm being executed at dawn, my last supper will be KFC skin without the chicken - and sour-cream glazed Timbits.

And malbec is an excellent match for KFC....

-------------------
Go Bruins!!
Go Tigers!!
Go Pistons!!
Go Lions!!

Posts: 10597 | Location: Oakville Ontario | Registered: Jan 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post