WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Learn Wine    Looking For A WINE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For A WINE
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well, it's now then verified that E & J Gallo produce the Matthew Fox wines, and it seems as though Marc's in Ohio is the exclusive distributor of the wine, as I've not heard of it being available anywhere else. It wouldn't surprise me if E & J sell the same juice under another name to other retailers around the country.

But why bother, as it's just more fun to consume the wine, rather than wonder where else it's being sold.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for my delay in responding to the question about how I found the info. I searched the TESS2 database for trademarks at the www.uspto.gov (U.S. Patent & Trademark Office). Not sure if this link will work http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=8fvenl.4.2 but if it does, it will display the Matthew Fox trademark registered by E & J Gallo.

Posts: 513 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: Mar 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Dialtone and Planowino - thanks for being such great companions on this silly but tasty quest. (And now I have a whole new web research tool, thanks PW!)

I raise a glass to you both, and wish you boffo beverages wherever you go.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back at you! And we ALWAYS want to save some wine for the cook...

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My pleasuere. I don't have anything better to do than mess around on these infernal wine bulletin boards all day anyway. The Chef should always get a taste.

Posts: 513 | Location: Plano, TX | Registered: Mar 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matthew Fox wines are available on Kauai (and probably all the Hawaiian Islands, but how fitting since Matthew did film LOST on Kauai for years).

They are at Big Save grocery stores. The zinfandel (deeeelightful) was 10% alcohol content at 4.50$ (on sale for 3.99$)

As a Canadian who has to pay literally twice as much for all wines here, I love finding a really tasty affordable wine when I'm in the U.S., and Matthew Fox's by E and J Gallo are my favourites.

I am unhappy that I can't find these in B.C. because I'd be thrilled to have them for 9$. There is nothing that good for 9$ especially for a white wine drinker. That I know of. Any ideas are welcome! Although I bet I've tried the lot, to no avail!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Popcorn

Posts: 5490 | Location: Aurora, IL | Registered: Jul 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread seems to have pulled as many low-post-count lurkers as on the Buying and Selling forum! This has to be a joke...! Big Grin

Cheers!

Posts: 2910 | Location: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Mar 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is no joke, BRR!

There are plenty of places where, due to shipping or gov taxes, getting a decent bottle of wine for under $10 is hard quest. So when you find a reliable steady drinkable bottle, it's information to share and celebrate!

And FYI, Lushy, the hubby and I are in California and when we went to Montreal it was a huge shocker - all our everyday CA wines were through the roof! But a SAQ employee took pity on us for and most of the trip it was French, Italian and Spanish wines. There, the wines that were pricier in LA, were cheaper!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Aug 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post