WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Learn Wine    How much do you drink?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you drink?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
light weeks, 1-2, heavy weeks (usually looked back upon as being better weeks for whatever reason), 3-5 bottles.

Dale

Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance. - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 867 | Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI | Registered: Apr 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool I look at it this way...the first third of my life, 'restraint' was my middle name. Now, I'm discovering my passions....booyah! And wine is one of them!!

Posts: 834 | Location: Southern California | Registered: Apr 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Or do like I did and get yourself a bottle of Whitehall Lane CS in .375 format bottled under screwcap. Fill er up, tighten down the cap and slap er back in the cellar. Boil the bottle and cap between uses.
Simply genius...you too PH! I wish someone would have told me this sooner...

Posts: 6117 | Location: Cloud 9 | Registered: Mar 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My husband and I split a bottle most nights, but as he prefers red and I prefer white, sometimes it ends up being two bottles.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, this is a thread bump to match all thread bumps. In case anybody's still out there in Learning-land: (personal consumption) about 3 bottles a week. Usually a single glass or two tops on weeknights, 3 or 4 per day on weekends.

-IB

"Wine only turns into alcohol if you let it sit."---Lindsay Bluth

Posts: 8870 | Location: The Circle City | Registered: Nov 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3 bottles here as well. per night. plus beer. and liquor. sometimes heroin and coke, but never at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Wow, this is a thread bump to match all thread bumps. In case anybody's still out there in Learning-land: (personal consumption) about 3 bottles a week. Usually a single glass or two tops on weeknights, 3 or 4 per day on weekends.

-----------------------------

Go Yankees! Razz

Posts: 8463 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Nov 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow you 3/weekers are killing me and I must be killing my liver!! For me, about 3/weekend[B] and 1-2 during the week, sooo 4-5 for me.

Posts: 292 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL | Registered: Nov 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consumption is considered overboard when you no longer control it and it controls you. To answer the initial question that is between me and my liver Wink.

Posts: 140 | Location: here | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DW doesn't drink and raises hell when I do. However she did buy me a cellar (go figure). I usually bring out a bottle or two per week when friends come to dinner.

Posts: 374 | Location: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: Feb 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2-3 bottles get opened per week in the house, reaching 4 or 5 if we have guests round (infrequently). My better half only drinks white so I end up drinking about 3/4 of what's open.

Κρασί, υγεία και ευτυχία

Posts: 31 | Location: Northumberland, U.K. | Registered: Aug 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBird:
3 bottles here as well. per night. plus beer. and liquor. sometimes heroin and coke, but never at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by indybob:

I like your thinking, but I find that bongloads seem to bring out hard to discern flavors and aromas better. I'm talking minute plus finishes with hints of fun-yuns and temple balls.

MMMMM...

How much I drink truly depends on the company I'm with. Anything from 1 bottle a week up to a dozen I guess, but a glass of port most evenings is a newfound hobby.

Posts: 318 | Location: Marin County | Registered: May 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I'm watching the weight, one a week. When I'm not probably three a week.

Posts: 1511 | Location: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Between my wife and I, I'd say 6-10 per week too. Probably 3 during the week with dinner. It is very rare that a bottle gets opened and not finished the same night. The rest on the weekend. How many bottles depending on the company and mood of the night.

I too like to finish the night with a good single malt, though I find I am often the only one partaking.

Posts: 45 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Half of what my wife says, and twice as much as I tell my doctor!

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5582 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on the day - not enough?

lol.

Posts: 10791 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Apr 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that football season is here....waaaay waaaay too much.

Posts: 3105 | Location: ATL | Registered: Mar 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rudiger:
Hello,

I am new to drinking wine and I was just wondering how much some of you drink in any given week.

How much do you have?

Seriously, since my wife no longer drinks reds, I'm down to 1 or 1 & a half per week.

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6733 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a slow week, wife and I split 4-5. Most weeks though are 6-9 between us. We might skip two nights a week without wine. My doctor told me any more than 10 glasses a week is really bad. Screw him, most Italians drink way more than that and they live a long time.

Posts: 291 | Location: St. John's, Newfoundland | Registered: Mar 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Vino san has it about right. My wife and I split about 6-9 bottles per week.

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Jul 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a glass of wine мумкн evening almost

[url="http://www.cuban-cigar.com/"]Cuban havana cigars[/url]

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I split a bottle nightly. We'll do more if we have friends over. Monday's I've got WSET classes so I taste 10-12 wines that night but we spit.

Posts: 227 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: Sep 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are building a new wine list at work now so I taste alot of wines during the week from all our distributors for by the glass and bottle. Iv'e been tasting about 45 wines per week at work so I'm just having one bottle at home on sundays with dinner for now.

Posts: 9376 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
We are building a new wine list at work now so I taste alot of wines during the week from all our distributors for by the glass and bottle. Iv'e been tasting about 45 wines per week at work so I'm just having one bottle at home on sundays with dinner for now.
Work can be so demanding! Big Grin

Posts: 1761 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
8-10 a week.

Posts: 2645 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: Feb 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes wine is to slow to solve the problems of the week.

Posts: 1853 | Registered: Sep 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post