WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Learn Wine    How much do you drink?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you drink?
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Depends how I feel.

Only death is free, and even that costs you your life

Posts: 1905 | Registered: Apr 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Half of what my wife says, and twice as much as I tell my doctor!
Isn't that the truth! Big Grin

Posts: 1770 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My son was away at camp last weekend so I opened alot more than usual for my roomate and a friend.

Posts: 9414 | Location: minneapolis minnesota usa | Registered: Dec 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking it may well be time to bring the empty-suit razz out of retirement. Mad

Posts: 30066 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
Sometimes wine is to slow to solve the problems of the week.

To paraphrase that great philosopher, Homer (Simpson), it's "...the cause of, and answer to, all of life's problems." Wink

A father is someone who has pictures where his money used to be.

Posts: 6782 | Location: Everett, WA | Registered: Mar 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An average of 3 bottles a week.

Posts: 152 | Location: Los Angeles area | Registered: Nov 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah between 3 and 4 bottles per week.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not nearly as much as I used to. Like above, 3 to 4 bottles used to be at the very least. Now I maybe have a bottle or two a week. I lost a few lbs, too, and I am assuming it is because of this. Yet i don't exercise as much as i should. That is the key.

Dean Martin: "I feel sorry for people that do not drink; they wake up in the morning and that is the best that they feel all day"

Posts: 534 | Registered: Sep 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Half of what my wife thinks and twice the amount I tell my doctor. Smack

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Posts: 5688 | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Half of what my wife thinks and twice the amount I tell my doctor. Smack

Big Grin

Posts: 2940 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: Nov 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry in advance for the off topic here...

PH, W&A was in town last week for an offline. Your name came up and its seems we may have crossed tracks in far flung places in our youth. Would love to hear from you. I can be reached at john at johnleclair dot com.

Posts: 338 | Location: Palmetto Bay, FL | Registered: Oct 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoopty - incoming!

PH

Posts: 15056 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 2-3 glasses a day, and usually a 1 day break in between bottles.

Wine Picks & Reviews - http://vintagewinepicks.blogspot.com/

Posts: 176 | Location: Toronto | Registered: Feb 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I typically have half a bottle with dinner 6 to 7 nights a week. I rarely drink wine without food.

Posts: 1006 | Location: Back in the 'burbs of D.C. | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anywhere from zero bottles up to 5 bottles. Usually in the 1-2 bottle range per week.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Around 3-4 bottles a week.... I think

Posts: 2272 | Location: Florida | Registered: Sep 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much less now that DnVsMom is moving toward cocktails on the few occasions she drinks during the week. But still, when the weekends hit and we are with friends, 3-7 bottles can get opened in one night.

Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity....

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS - 2010 and 2012 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

Posts: 9635 | Location: Elk Grove, CA, USA | Registered: Dec 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
Much less now that DnVsMom is moving toward cocktails on the few occasions she drinks during the week.

Did she get burnt out on wine from being in the business?

Posts: 8680 | Registered: May 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drink 1- 3 bottles per week, depending on the mood, and occasions Smile

I found a great (and funny) book for new wine drinkers:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z7OSHC

Posts: 14 | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About 1 bottle per week. But then again, as the holidays approach it usually goes up to 2-3 bottles per week. Smile

Wine-Rack-Depot.com

Posts: 18 | Location: Miami, Florida | Registered: Oct 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sergio Rodriguez:
About 1 bottle per week. But then again, as the holidays approach it usually goes up to 2-3 bottles per week. Smile

At least 3, probably closer to 4.

"The hardest thing to attain ... is the appreciation of difference without insisting on superiority" George Saintsbury

Posts: 1565 | Location: DC Suburbs, Potomac MD. | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
At least 3, probably closer to 4.

May more for me, in generally red wine. Wink is more fun.

<a href='http://www.seven-wines.com'>Red Wine</a>

Posts: 1 | Location: Lion, France | Registered: Nov 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i'm a complete lightweight at 2 bottles a month. my busy schedule doesn't allow for me to be at home to drink as often as i would like. but i have a group of friends who meet to split 6 bottles one night a week.

Posts: 103 | Registered: Nov 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post