WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Learn Wine    Audiobook - tasting, areas, grapes etc
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Audiobook - tasting, areas, grapes etc
 Login/Join 
posted
Dear all,
Im not a complete wine rookie but almost, im commuting every day for work and wonder if any of you have some great tips to the best audiobooks (if any) for almost all aspects of the fantastic world of wine you as a quality minded consumer want to learn about.

This being anything from beginners grapes and areas, tasting hints to anything regarding making a great wine and more advanced stuff.

Hope someone has some info regarding this.

/Muren

Posts: 27 | Registered: Sep 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even Amazon is only listing one educational audio book on wine. I don't know it, so can't make a recommendation.

CLICKY

They also show The Billionaire's Vinegar on audio. Not educational per se, but it would be good wine-related entertainment for your commute.

PH

Posts: 14934 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Purplehaze,

I did manage to find a few audiobooks on eg. Ebay as well before my post, but thought someone might know of any particular good ones. I guess, as you said, it is not very common with audiobooks on the topic just yet.

/Muren

posted Hide Post
Although not an audio book, you may want to try the podcast on GrapeRadio.com.

They've had a lot of knowledgeable guests over the years are quite informative.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Algonquin, Illinois | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lostverse,

Great idea did not think of podcasts at all but that would work just as well for me.

Any other known podcasts?

Reference ordinary books, which one would be the best one to start with regarding grapes, regions etc?

/Muren

posted Hide Post
You need to check out the Wine podcasts on iTUNES.

Wine for Normal People. Probably the best wine podcast on iTunes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheSomm,

Posts: 4 | Location: Fullerton | Registered: Apr 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post