WineSpectator.com    Wine Spectator Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Learn Wine    Wine club recommendation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wine club recommendation
 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Agreed. I only belong to one- Tablas Creek

Board-O, have you ordered any Grenache Blanc from Curran recently?

Posts: 30256 | Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM | Registered: Feb 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. I don't know why. I love the stuff. It's better than Tablas Creek's. It's also atypical for the varietal. Most are fatter, more viscous wines, while theirs is a juicy fruit and acidity wine.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36982 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No. I don't know why. I love the stuff. It's better than Tablas Creek's. It's also atypical for the varietal. Most are fatter, more viscous wines, while theirs is a juicy fruit and acidity wine.

It may be stolpman fruit (was told by a wine tasting room). Just had the latest vintage of Tablas Creek gb and it was lean, somewhat fruit forward and not at all viscous.

Beckman may be the best gb I have tasted though.

Posts: 102 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed Beckmen's also, but still think Curran's is the best US version.

The best Grenache Blanc (Garnacha Blanca) I've had is a 50% mix with Macabeo in Coma Blanca by Mas d'en Gil. I know it's in some Rhone whites, but I think in lesser amounts.

Just one more sip.

Posts: 36982 | Location: NY | Registered: Oct 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too like Grenache Blanc...thanks for the tips.
If you see any Tensley Camp 4 Vineyard Blanc, try it, you may like that as well. (65% Grenache Blanc 35% Roussanne )

Sorry for drift...

Be good and you will be lonesome. S.L. Clemens

Posts: 754 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: Nov 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are wine club directories available from which you can search for good wine clubs. And there are plenty of wine clubs that give their best services and discount,offers to their members like enjoying the wine with celebrities.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saunterer:
There are wine club directories available from which you can search for good wine clubs. And there are plenty of wine clubs that give their best services and discount,offers to their members like enjoying the wine with celebrities.

Brilliant first post. And original too! Roll Eyes

PH

Posts: 15295 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which wine club should I join to drink wine with Michelle Pfeiffer and Catherine Zeta-Jones?

Just one more sip.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WineMavenCA:
quote:
Originally posted by hippomon:
quote:
Originally posted by mareff:

Here is another thought, why get on any list? There are great producers such as Neal and Match that you can order directly from and not join their list at all. Just saying

I second this notion !

I third the motion of my buddy hippo mom - but, as to Neal - he is not a nice guy. Spent a miserable half hour or so with him at his winery three years ago. No people skills

Actually, I spent about eight hours with Mark along with his winemaker, Gove Cielo, at a dinner at the Neal winery. It was a great evening/early morning and they couldn't have been more gracious.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Back in the 'burbs of D.C. | Registered: Feb 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which wine club should I join to drink wine with Michelle Pfeiffer and Catherine Zeta-Jones?

You're showing your age a little bit there, Board-O. Wink Not that there's anything wrong with that. (or them!)

quote:
Originally posted by newsguy:

Actually, I spent about eight hours with Mark along with his winemaker, Gove Cielo, at a dinner at the Neal winery. It was a great evening/early morning and they couldn't have been more gracious.

Have heard similar reports from many other posters, newsguy. Perhaps Mark was just having a bad day when CAWM was there, or the problem was elsewhere.

PH

Posts: 15295 | Location: Maryland, USA (DC suburbs) | Registered: Nov 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
maybe they were twittering how miserable time they had while they were with him

seems liek the hip thing to do nowadays =)

This is my sig -> www.brownteacup.com
www.wsqwine.com
(Wine distributor)

Posts: 12342 | Location: NYC | Registered: Feb 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post